Concrete Soldiers Scottish Premiere of Documentary, Kinning Park Complex, Glasgow
Don’t miss out on the Scottish premiere of the documentary ‘Concrete Soldiers’ with director Nikki Woolf and journalist Andy Worthington. A grassroots film about the fight against gentrification and council-estate demolition in London, Concrete Soldiers is also an inspiring call to action featuring the voices of residents who have refused the reality of social cleansing.
The event will include the film-screening, discussion and an art workshop around gentrification hosted by GAG.
Donations £3 / 5 / pay-what-you can on the door.
Saturday 19th May at Kinning Park Complex, 2-6pm.
43 Cornwall Street, Kinning Park Glasgow G41 1BA
Don’t forget to check living rent blog
Come along and don’t hesitate to bring children!
Food and childcare provided on the day.
See you on Saturday!!
Living Rent Glasgow
Filed under: Cinema, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Vinicombe Street Gala
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant