Concrete Soldiers Scottish Premiere of Documentary, Kinning Park Complex, Glasgow
Don’t miss out on the Scottish premiere of the documentary ‘Concrete Soldiers’ with director Nikki Woolf and journalist Andy Worthington. A grassroots film about the fight against gentrification and council-estate demolition in London, Concrete Soldiers is also an inspiring call to action featuring the voices of residents who have refused the reality of social cleansing.
The event will include the film-screening, discussion and an art workshop around gentrification hosted by GAG.
Donations £3 / 5 / pay-what-you can on the door.
Saturday 19th May at Kinning Park Complex, 2-6pm.
43 Cornwall Street, Kinning Park Glasgow G41 1BA
Don’t forget to check living rent blog
Come along and don’t hesitate to bring children!
Food and childcare provided on the day.
See you on Saturday!!
Living Rent Glasgow
Filed under: Cinema, Community Groups and Charities, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary