Compass Gallery Glasgow – Anna Molin Exhibition
Anna Molin – Costume and Illustration
Drawings from the 1970s
Original artworks created by Anna Molin in the 1960s and 1970s embody Compass Gallery’s established position as a pioneer of contemporary art, introducing previously unseen work to Scottish audiences and tirelessly supporting the careers of working artists in the early and mid phases of their careers.
Anna Molin was born in Sweden in 1940. She studied graphics in Stockholm before completing a scholarship in Lithography in London in 1964. Having settled in Edinburgh for a time, her work was exhibited in an uplifting solo show in Compass Gallery in February 1976.
Inspired by artists such as Picasso, Matisse, Steinberg and Geof, Anna developed her own blend of draughtsmanship, colour and humour. Her involvement with theatre led to the creation of costume designs for numerous plays – from Shakespeare to operas. These were accompanied by children’s illustrations depicting animals and objects depicted in bright colours with affection and joy.
Arrange to View the Exhibition
Compass Gallery is open and pleased to welcome you by appointment, with comfort that social distancing is in place.
Additionally, should you wish to see any artworks in more detail from your own home, video consultations can be arranged. The gallery operates secure remote transactions and can arrange delivery to any location (free delivery in Greater Glasgow area).
To arrange a visit
178 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL
Please telephone: 0141 221 6370 or Email
- a serenade for Lahore’s Rain – Rizwan Akhtar
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- G20 Young People to Climb Ben Nevis to support people affected by poverty
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Is this ‘Black Bitch’ name ban really justified?
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack