Compass Gallery Glasgow – Anna Molin Exhibition
Anna Molin – Costume and Illustration
Drawings from the 1970s
Original artworks created by Anna Molin in the 1960s and 1970s embody Compass Gallery’s established position as a pioneer of contemporary art, introducing previously unseen work to Scottish audiences and tirelessly supporting the careers of working artists in the early and mid phases of their careers.
Anna Molin was born in Sweden in 1940. She studied graphics in Stockholm before completing a scholarship in Lithography in London in 1964. Having settled in Edinburgh for a time, her work was exhibited in an uplifting solo show in Compass Gallery in February 1976.
Inspired by artists such as Picasso, Matisse, Steinberg and Geof, Anna developed her own blend of draughtsmanship, colour and humour. Her involvement with theatre led to the creation of costume designs for numerous plays – from Shakespeare to operas. These were accompanied by children’s illustrations depicting animals and objects depicted in bright colours with affection and joy.
Arrange to View the Exhibition
Compass Gallery is open and pleased to welcome you by appointment, with comfort that social distancing is in place.
Additionally, should you wish to see any artworks in more detail from your own home, video consultations can be arranged. The gallery operates secure remote transactions and can arrange delivery to any location (free delivery in Greater Glasgow area).
To arrange a visit
178 West Regent Street, Glasgow G2 4RL
Please telephone: 0141 221 6370 or Email
- Langholm. December 2023
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Winter at Secession Bar, Websters
- Mother India – Glasgow
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Global Climate Change in September and October 2023
- Glasgow Film Festival – Year of Celebration
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- Without Verona Walls at Websters
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- Scottish Women’s Convention – STEMinism
- Reclaim the River, Poetry and Music
- Voicebeat 21st Anniversary Concert
- Spooky Walk at Glasgow Green
- Panopticon Halloween Market
- Clann An Drumma, St Andrews Night, Cottiers
- Diana Devlin at Avant Garde
- Take 2: Puffin Rock and the New Friends