Christmas Carousel The Platform
19 December, 2019
Christmas Carousal is Platform’s musical celebration of the festive season featuring some of our favourite acts playing on the set of our Christmas show. This year we welcome RM Hubbert, Carla J Easton, Broken Chanter and Aby Vulliamy – who all join us on our set of Mother Goose Fae Easterhoose.
Glasgow based RM Hubbert is a guitarist and (sometimes) writes music about love, death, mental illness and a dog called D Bone. It’s not as depressing as the previous sentence suggests. Best known for his collaborations with artists such as Aidan Moffat, Eleanor Friedberger, Rachel Grimes, Alasdair Roberts, Kathryn Joseph, Kathryn Williams and many others, he has released eight albums over the last decade.
His latest album is a collaboration with Aidan Moffat called Here Lies The Body.
Carla J. Easton makes pop music. Dreamy, lush and inescapable. Based in Glasgow, Carla has become a fixture of the thriving music scene in Scotland. She’s recently joined legendary Scottish band The Vaselines on live dates, collaborated with Stuart Murdoch of Belle & Sebastian and Scottish Opera for BBC Arts.
Broken Chanter is the adopted name of David MacGregor. MacGregor spent the past decade as the principal songwriter of Scottish Alt-Pop darlings Kid Canaveral. Following the completion of touring for Kid Canaveral’s third record in late 2017, the natural break allowed MacGregor time to collect his thoughts, and some song fragments, and flesh them out into skeletal demos recorded in Ardnamurchan, Skye, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Ireland. The first Broken Chanter album is a record which paints an emotional and expansive soundscape with a distinct sense of place, that showcases MacGregor’s ear for melody and dexterity at tugging heart-strings.
Aby is a musician and composer, performing and recording frequently as a violinist, pianist and vocalist in a range of ensembles and collaborations across the jazz, indie-rock, folk, classical and pop worlds.
Over the last four years headliners Kathryn Joseph, Malcolm Middleton, Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra and Trembling Bells have performed on the sets of Christmas shows Rapunzel, Black Beauty, Puss in Boots and Rudolf.
A warm, surreal and seasonal celebration, pop 19 Dec in your diary and come and enjoy what is truly the most unique festive gig of the year!
(HEADING TO PLATFORM FROM GLASGOW CITY CENTRE? Platform will run a return bus (£5) leaving from Mono at 6.30pm (12 Kings Court, Glasgow) – please email email@example.com for more information and to book a place.)
Platform, The Bridge,
1000 Westerhouse Road
Glasgow, G34 9JW
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Breabach @15 Celtic Connections 2020
- Grit Orchestra Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2020
- The Snow Queen Scottish Ballet
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Free Christmas Lunch The Space Glasgow
- Free Christmas Dinner, The Hug and Pint Glasgow
- The White Elephant Cafe Glasgow Christmas
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- The Cowpat Kickers’ Christmas Party
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library