Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Ten Writers Telling Lies at West End Festival
At this year’s West End Festival Ten Writers are participating in an event with musician Jim Byrne. Of the ten five attend Alan McMunnigal’s Creative Writing Classes at Glasgow University. Some have also studied at Glasgow University’s M.Litt in Creative Writing. They include writers whose work has been published in Germany and by Legend Press, London plus in the anthology Tales from a Cancelled Country, thi wurd, Tip Tap Flat, anthology of creative writing, New Writing Scotland and Glasgow University’s magazine – From Glasgow To Saturn, official literary journal of the University of Glasgow .Also on the website www.glasgowwestend.co.uk
Ten Writers Telling Lies
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a collaborative project between some of Glasgow’s most talented writers and the musician Jim Byrne. In prose and poetry the writers will capture the story of a song they have co-written. This will culminate in the production of a CD and complementary book.
The writers and poets taking part in the project include: Calum Maclean, Gillian Mayes, James Carson, James Connarty, Micheal Norton, Pat Byrne, Pauline Lynch, Samina Chaudry, Stephanie Brown and Stephen Watt
Watch out for performances by the writers and Jim Byrne at a variety of festivals and literary events including West End Festival 2016 where you can catch a taster – 3rd until 26th June, 2016.
The Book and CD will be produced early 2017.
In the meantime you can get a taste at the West End Festival, with prose, poetry and music at:
Waterstones, Byres Road on Wednesday 8th June 7.30 p.m.
Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Wednesday 15th June, 7.30 p.m.
At the Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 19th June at 2.30 p.m. in Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Centre for Open Studies, University of Glasgow, Ten Writers Telling Lies, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottsh Women’s Writing
- A Year of Workers’ Stories
- Warren Starry Skies – New Album ‘Small Wonders’