Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic with a day of fun and mischief!
28 July, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Glasgow Museums and the National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Free drop-in event (no booking required)
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic at this fun-filled event. View the first edition of the Beano from 1938 along with rare treasures and Beano comic artwork. Take part in a prank workshop and a comically funny football session. Unmissable! Read more…
The National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall is an exciting new visitor experience with entertainment and inspiration for all ages. Come visit the interactive space to explore films, maps, books and manuscripts in digital format. Visitors will also have access to 100 years of Scottish life on film and video from our Moving Image Archive.
There is always something to enjoy at the award-winning space with regular free events and talks.
Free entry – all ages welcome.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8AW.
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer