Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic with a day of fun and mischief!
28 July, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Glasgow Museums and the National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Free drop-in event (no booking required)
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic at this fun-filled event. View the first edition of the Beano from 1938 along with rare treasures and Beano comic artwork. Take part in a prank workshop and a comically funny football session. Unmissable! Read more…
The National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall is an exciting new visitor experience with entertainment and inspiration for all ages. Come visit the interactive space to explore films, maps, books and manuscripts in digital format. Visitors will also have access to 100 years of Scottish life on film and video from our Moving Image Archive.
There is always something to enjoy at the award-winning space with regular free events and talks.
Free entry – all ages welcome.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8AW.
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre