CCA is having a party
Friday, 7 December, 2018 7 p.m. – 3 a.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
Following the temporary closure this summer, the CCA building is now open to the public and they’re having a party for the local community, the residents of Garnethill, our long standing supporters and regular visitors.
Sarra Wild of OH141 brings a night of DJs and a live performance from Kübler-Ross, starting at 9pm. CCA and Saramago Cafe Bar will be open right through to 3am with sets from Cucina Povera, Poisonous Relationship, Kübler-Ross and Sarra Wild.
DJ, curator and OH141 boss Sarra Wild is unapologetically disrupting the white male dominated electronic music scene in a number of ways. As a DJ, her sets are always unapologetic, exciting and bold, mixing all kinds of sounds to create a unique set every time. She is responsible for Grassroots Glasgow, a series of DJ workshops and panel talks which aim to encourage the inclusion of marginalised voices in the industry and as OH141 she has booked international acts such as Hieroglyphic Being, Pan Daijing, Gaika and most recently DJ Storm.
Katie Shannon and brothers Dave and Craig Clark are Kübler-Ross. A collective of Glasgow artists who stew myriad strands of electronic, experimental and dance forms into a whole that reeks of drama and excess, Kübler-Ross are trance as substance abuse. Wired and fired up, the live drum element has a distinctly Can-esque power that mixes with live modular synths and menacing, scrawled vocal glare.
Cucina Povera AKA Maria Rossi is a Glaswegian Finn and an experimental electronic music producer, writer, singer and DJ. Her latest projects lean towards more danceable productions and the preparatory stages involve tireless inspiration-seeking from fellow music makers, visual artists and otherwise prophetic friends near and far.
Jamie Crewe is an artist and DJ who also produces, sings, and performs music as Poisonous Relationship. Equally dedicated to rhythm and to heartbreak, they make emotional dance music full of slow unfoldings and sudden collapses. They have performed internationally, released 6 EPs and 3 albums since 2010, remixed songs for Holly Johnson, bottoms, and The 2 Bears, and produced for rappers Cakes Da Killa, Big Momma, and Karnagekills.
Coming along from 7pm for the opening of CCA’s new exhibition, A Weakness for Raisins: Films and Archive of Ester Krumbachová, and Scottish Queer International Film Festival will have events on throughout the evening.
7pm-9pm: Exhibition preview
9pm-3am: Cucina Povera (DJ), Poisonous Relationship (DJ), Kübler-Ross (live) and Sarra Wild (DJ).
Free entry for everyone, all night.
Please come down and celebrate.
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket