CATS – the second installment ProjectAbility until 13 April, 2017
CATS… the 2nd instalment
A group exhibition of Project Ability artists.
Exhibition Dates: 3 March – 13 April 2017
Project Ability would like to welcome our visitors to the 2nd instalment of CATS, an exhibition inspired by all things feline related; big cats, fluffy cats, kittens, lions, tigers, leopards and more! All of our artists across our Aspire, ReConnect and Create programmes have been asked to submit catworks for this show, and the response has been truly amazing! The variety of interpretation by our artists provided us with enough work for two exhibitions, and this is the 2nd and final instalment.
This open-call exhibition has given each of our artists the chance to work towards a selected theme, and be part of a large scale group exhibition. The result is a playful, adorable, and in some cases, ferocious showcase of artworks in many different mediums.
This theme was so popular among our artists that we had to divide the work up over two exhibitions. The 1st instalment took place in 2016. The work to go on display for the 2nd instalment has been ‘cat napping’ in our archive room for several months, and they are beginning to get restless!
Please join us for an opening reception on 2 March from 6 – 8pm. Our gallery shop will also have many cat related pieces and other original artworks for sale. We still have the 2017 Cat calendars in the shop, and the Cats publication as well!
ProjectAbility, 103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams