Carol Kidd, Iota Gallery, 24 and 25 October, 2014
Iota with Carol Kidd
Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11
Pop-in Fri. 24th & Sat. 25th October 12- 6 p.m.
Carol Kidd, a long-standing friend, pops in to iota with her latest work.
As well as presenting her latest CD,
‘Carol Kidd Live with Brian Kellock present Cole Porter’, which will be available first at iota, a rare glimpse of another side to this well-kent singer will be revealed.
Carol has earned world-wide respect for her portrayal of the thoughts and feelings of many a songwriter. Her new CD is further testimony to that.
How does the artiste express her own feelings though? How do any of us vent the feelings which are unexplored in our quotidian existence? As many musicians seek personal expression through disciplines other than their own, Carol turns to painting. Self-taught and exploring her own potential, Carol clearly delights in the portrayal of close friends, personalities and a moving sunset or moonrise. Examples will be on show. Having taken these tentative steps, she is now inspired by world events as well as individuals. She is modest about her success, and continues to paint with passion. Another example of art enhancing life.
Her new CD will feature in her series of concerts
the following week, in Musselburgh, Glasgow and Greenock.
Pop-in Fri.24th & Sat. 25th October, 12-6pm
and make yourself at home!
Carol will be spending some time at iota each day.
25 Hyndland Street
Glasgow G11 5QE
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’
- SWG3 Opens New Gallery – Yard Life
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- The Dance of the Lunar Creatrix – Marianne Wilson
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Glasgow Greenpeace – Kelvin Way Valentine’s Day
- Virtual Guided Tour of Barcelona’s Picasso Museum and the Gaudi
- Street Level Photography: In Focus, Brexit Tears