Carol Kidd, Iota Gallery, 24 and 25 October, 2014
Iota with Carol Kidd
Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11
Pop-in Fri. 24th & Sat. 25th October 12- 6 p.m.
Carol Kidd, a long-standing friend, pops in to iota with her latest work.
As well as presenting her latest CD,
‘Carol Kidd Live with Brian Kellock present Cole Porter’, which will be available first at iota, a rare glimpse of another side to this well-kent singer will be revealed.
Carol has earned world-wide respect for her portrayal of the thoughts and feelings of many a songwriter. Her new CD is further testimony to that.
How does the artiste express her own feelings though? How do any of us vent the feelings which are unexplored in our quotidian existence? As many musicians seek personal expression through disciplines other than their own, Carol turns to painting. Self-taught and exploring her own potential, Carol clearly delights in the portrayal of close friends, personalities and a moving sunset or moonrise. Examples will be on show. Having taken these tentative steps, she is now inspired by world events as well as individuals. She is modest about her success, and continues to paint with passion. Another example of art enhancing life.
Her new CD will feature in her series of concerts
the following week, in Musselburgh, Glasgow and Greenock.
Pop-in Fri.24th & Sat. 25th October, 12-6pm
and make yourself at home!
Carol will be spending some time at iota each day.
25 Hyndland Street
Glasgow G11 5QE
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Spanish Civil War Collections The Mitchell Library
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- ‘Creatures as Natural Hunters’ Damian Henry Glasgow Print Studio
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Glasgow School of Art Graduate Degree Show 2019
- Trees v Capitalism by Maggie Kelly at Woodland Community Workspace
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Young Talent, ProjectAbility
- Living in the Magic Garden, Cafe Gandolfi, Merchant City Glasgow
- Freed Spirit : The Paintings of Maria Spadoni (1928 – 2014) RGI
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow