Cabbage presents Junkspace: Tap for Sound, The Seamore Centre, Glasgow
Thursday 9 August, 2018 – 6.30 p.m.
The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema, Community Central Hall, 304 Maryhill Road, Glasgow G20 7YE
Cabbage presents Junkspace: Tap for Sound, a screening event of moving image exploring the spaces inhabited by artists online, post internet culture and the divergence of sound and image.
The programme brings together a group of artists who communicate their practice through screen and sound, occupying digital platforms with fictionalised personas and altered mannerisms.
Located within digital non spaces, several of the artists are captured as a single figure caught between a monochrome background and the camera lens. Music, humour and the alter ego are utilised to communicate with the audience in the form of make up tutorials, interviews, lip syncs and gag reels. The artist is positioned central within the work, appearing in distorted fragments through characterisations, shifting appearance and voice.
To guarantee your seat please book via Eventbrite
BYOB – please feel free to bring your favourite tipple along with a small donation of £2 for corkage. A cash bar offering wine will also be available. All proceeds go toward supporting future Cabbage events and The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema.
Cabbage is a screening programme based in Glasgow, curated by JJ Tipton. Cabbage considers the screening space as a place of live event, rejecting the format of the academic screening in favour of screening as a space for theatre and exhibition.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA