Boots and Beards, COP26 Walk
Sunday, 7 November, 2021 – 9.30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Boots & Beards – Windfarm Walk to Whitelee
Meet at 4 Forth Street, Pollokshields, G41 2SS – Bus leaves 9.30 p.m. prompt.
Organised by Boots & Beards, a Scots Asian-run hillwalking group that helps people from ethnic minority backgrounds explore the outdoors, this special walk on Sunday 7 November will mark COP26 with a visit to Whitelee Windfarm. There will be expert guest speakers on the day, supporting conversations about climate change.
Whitelee is the UK’s largest onshore windfarm, located on Eaglesham Moor just 20 minutes from central Glasgow. Its 215 turbines generate up to 539 megawatts of electricity, enough to power over 350,000 homes.
Buggy friendly route
8 mile route
Visitor centre / cafe on site
This section: COP26 Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Walks in Glasgow
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Art for Africa in Memory of Rony Bridges
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Havana Glasgow film Festival: El Techno – The Roof
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Springburn: Rome of the North – Ian R. Mitchell
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- OSS From Africa With Love
- Delicious, French Film Festival at GFT
- Becoming Cousteau at GFT
- Planters on the Biophilic Way Tidal Map Glasgow
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence