Book Launch: ‘Portrait’ Tracy Patrick’s poetry collection
12 May, 2022, 7 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
Paisley Central Library, 15 Mill Street, Paisley PA1 1ND
You are invited to the book launch of, Portrait, the first full-length poetry collection by Paisley writer, Tracy Patrick, author of the Saltire-commended novel, Blushing is for Sinners. Tracy will be accompanied by one of the best writers of modern poetry in Scotland, the widely-published and acclaimed Paisley poet, Graham Fulton.
Portrait is a collection of searingly honest poems written after the author’s diagnosis with cardiomyopathy at aged 42. The result is funny, challenging and inventive, a reckoning with mortality that captures the fear of dying, vicissitudes of change, and the sheer the joy of being alive.
‘An authentic rendering of what tested living feels like.’ Donny O’Rourke (Broadcaster and Poet).
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre