Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
Talk & Film Screening
Thursday 10 October 2019
Professor Bernier, from the University of Edinburgh, will discuss the African American “struggle for liberty” in Scotland by tracing the transatlantic tours of Ida B. Wells-Barnett, Josiah Henson, Sarah Parker Remond and FrederickDouglass.
Strike for Freedom: Frederick Douglass in Scotland
There will be a screening of a 20-minute documentary Strike for Freedom: Frederick Douglass in Scotland introduced by the film director and producer, Parisa Urquhart. A Q&A session will follow.
Tickets are available on an affordable sliding scale. All proceeds go to the Fredrick Douglass FamilyInitiatives.
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online