Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
Festival 2018, the cultural and arts programme that will run as part of the Glasgow 2018 European Championships, is supporting a call for poems responding to ‘Beyond Boundaries’. These could be inspired by the idea of overcoming obstacles and striving towards a goal, or by the concept of uniting in our differences and celebrating our diversity.
Poems do not need to have a sporting theme.
Poems may be submitted in any language, but must be accompanied by an English or Scots translation.
Poets of all ages are encouraged to submit.
How to Submit
Poems may be submitted in written form (Word or PDF files), audio recording (mp3 or WAV), or video (YouTube or Vimeo link, WMV, MOV, MP4 file).
Length should be up to 30 lines, or 90 seconds of audio or video.
Submission of any poem gives permission for Festival 2018 to publish, broadcast, perform, or otherwise make the work available.
Please email poems to Paul.Docherty2@glasgow.gov.uk with the title ‘BEYOND BOUNDARIES’ and include your name and contact details.
Deadline: midnight, Saturday 30 June 2018.
Jim Carruth, Glasgow’s Poet Laureate, will assist Festival 2018 in selecting the poems which best reflect the theme. Eighteen poems will be chosen and will be published in a free ebook and audiobook. A selection of these will be broadcast on community radio and some will be performed or read at Festival 2018 events during August.
There will be a payment of £50 for each poem selected.
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Night at the Museum, Burns On Water, University of Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020