Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
808 Crow Rd, Anniesland, Glasgow G13 1LY
A great new cafe has opened in Anniesland – just round the corner from Anniesland Cross and five minutes from the train station.
Michaela Foster Marsh suggested trying out the Beefcake Cafe, when I was meeting her to interview her for my website. We received a very warm welcome from the owners Catriona and Justin Savage and their young sons. Louis and Gil were on holiday from school, giving a hand and picking up some culinary skills. They could not have been more attentive and looked the part in their chefs’ aprons.
The cafe is bright and spacious and Catriona and Justin have done a great job with the decor. They’re full of enthusiasm and intend to specialise in creating everything from scratch, catering for a range of tastes including vegetarian and vegan. On the menu will be home made savoury treats such spinach and ricotta pie, their own recipe vegetarian burgers, plus freshly-baked-on-the-premises scones, pastries and bread.
We were there for hours and had another cuppa and tried out upstairs when Rony arrived. I loved everything and sampled: coffee, tea, scones and some freshly baked raisin pastries. The baking is extra special soI took home a delicious sourdough loaf.
You can also enjoy a beer or glass of wine as Beefcake will be a fully licensed cafe.
‘Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and anything in between!’
Beefcake Cafe will be developed as an ethical business and already plans to sponsor the Starchild Charity and help promote a new project to support children experiencing hardship in Uganda.
The cafe has Wifi, is cosy and welcoming. I’m so pleased that it’s almost on my doorstep. I’ll be popping round often for pleasure and to update my website.
Pat Byrne, February, 2018
Pounds for Posho
Beefcake are supporting a feeding programme in Uganda to help provide Posho – a staple, like porridge – to help provide children with a meal a day. Part of Beefcake café takings will go to support this valuable feeding program.
‘We hope to roll this out to other cafés, restaurants and bars but beefcake is the first to take up this great idea.’ Michaela Foster March at Starchild Charity
Keep up to date with what’s happening at Beefcake Cafe on Facebook.
Telephone: 07949 564025
This section: Cafes and Bistros, Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Pre-theatre and Lunch Menu at The Lansdowne
- No Waste Dinner at Project Cafe
- Websters Restaurant and Theatre Gallery
- Cuba Libre, Cottiers
- The Lansdowne Mother India Tapas review by Pat Byrne
- TransEurope Café Glasgow
- Mother India’s Cafe at The Lansdowne
- Befriending Food Experience Sunday Lunch
- Hungry Cities, Redesigning Our Relationship to Food
- Beatson Gin and Sing: Grease at OranMor
- Al Fresco Dining Glasgow West End
- The Lansdowne / Mother India review by Pat Byrne
- The Lansdowne – Mother India West End
- Whisky and Doughnuts Tastemaker Event at Citizen M
- International Women’s Day at Eusebi
- Barras Food Truck Fest
- Òran Mór Burns Night 2019
- Be My Galentine – Dinner for the Ladies in Your Life, The Project Cafe
- Burns Night, Inn Deep