Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
808 Crow Rd, Anniesland, Glasgow G13 1LY
A great new cafe has opened in Anniesland – just round the corner from Anniesland Cross and five minutes from the train station.
Michaela Foster Marsh suggested trying out the Beefcake Cafe, when I was meeting her to interview her for my website. We received a very warm welcome from the owners Catriona and Justin Savage and their young sons. Louis and Gil were on holiday from school, giving a hand and picking up some culinary skills. They could not have been more attentive and looked the part in their chefs’ aprons.
The cafe is bright and spacious and Catriona and Justin have done a great job with the decor. They’re full of enthusiasm and intend to specialise in creating everything from scratch, catering for a range of tastes including vegetarian and vegan. On the menu will be home made savoury treats such spinach and ricotta pie, their own recipe vegetarian burgers, plus freshly-baked-on-the-premises scones, pastries and bread.
We were there for hours and had another cuppa and tried out upstairs when Rony arrived. I loved everything and sampled: coffee, tea, scones and some freshly baked raisin pastries. The baking is extra special soI took home a delicious sourdough loaf.
You can also enjoy a beer or glass of wine as Beefcake will be a fully licensed cafe.
‘Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and anything in between!’
Beefcake Cafe will be developed as an ethical business and already plans to sponsor the Starchild Charity and help promote a new project to support children experiencing hardship in Uganda.
The cafe has Wifi, is cosy and welcoming. I’m so pleased that it’s almost on my doorstep. I’ll be popping round often for pleasure and to update my website.
Pat Byrne, February, 2018
Pounds for Posho
Beefcake are supporting a feeding programme in Uganda to help provide Posho – a staple, like porridge – to help provide children with a meal a day. Part of Beefcake café takings will go to support this valuable feeding program.
‘We hope to roll this out to other cafés, restaurants and bars but beefcake is the first to take up this great idea.’ Michaela Foster March at Starchild Charity
Keep up to date with what’s happening at Beefcake Cafe on Facebook.
Telephone: 07949 564025
This section: Cafes and Bistros, Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
- Cottiers – Book a Table
- Glasgow West End Restaurants – Eat Out to Help Out
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Bookings plus Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Tchai Ovna House of Tea Takeaway
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mother India – Take Away Menus
- Celebrating Women – Fundraiser at Eusebi
- Cuba Libre Valentine’s Day Fiesta at Cottiers
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Free Christmas Lunch The Space Glasgow
- Free Christmas Dinner, The Hug and Pint Glasgow
- The White Elephant Cafe Glasgow Christmas
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu 2019
- Mother India Christmas Lunch Set Menu 2019
- Hogmanay at Cottiers 2019
- Celebrate Hogmanay at OranMor 2019
- Christmas Glasgow: Rockin Robin Festive Hooley at Cottiers