Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
17 March, 2018 4.45 p.m.
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Continuing Aye Write’s tradition of established writers introducing a pair of debut authors, Professor of Creative Writing and author of No Dominion, Louise Welsh introducing: Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar.
The Wicked Cometh – In the murky alleyways of London, the vulnerable poor are disappearing and out of these shadows comes Hester White, a bright young woman who is desperate to escape the slums by any means possible.
Imogen Hermes Gowar
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock – One evening in 1785, Merchant Jonah Hancock hears urgent knocking on his front door. One of his captains is waiting eagerly on the step. He has sold Jonah’s ship for what appears to be a mermaid.
Or buy tickets from the box office on 0141 353 8000
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021