Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
17 March, 2018 4.45 p.m.
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Continuing Aye Write’s tradition of established writers introducing a pair of debut authors, Professor of Creative Writing and author of No Dominion, Louise Welsh introducing: Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar.
The Wicked Cometh – In the murky alleyways of London, the vulnerable poor are disappearing and out of these shadows comes Hester White, a bright young woman who is desperate to escape the slums by any means possible.
Imogen Hermes Gowar
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock – One evening in 1785, Merchant Jonah Hancock hears urgent knocking on his front door. One of his captains is waiting eagerly on the step. He has sold Jonah’s ship for what appears to be a mermaid.
Or buy tickets from the box office on 0141 353 8000
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- The Nae Pub Quiz Round 2 – Gigs in Scotland
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Cottiers Pub Quiz – Cancelled until further notice
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee