Aye Write, Speakeasy and Open Mic, Mitchell Library, Thursday 9 March, 2017
9 March, 2017 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Scottish Writers’ Centre: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
St. Mungo’s Mirrorball: 7:30 – 8:45 pm
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre in partnership with Aye Write are hosting a Speakeasy Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and we’re rocking the theme of Scotland’s History, Myths, and Legends and asking writers to respond.
Please join Scottish Writers’ Centre by submitting something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about Scotland’s World Heritage Sites, ancient monuments, listed building, battlefields, cultural traditions, captivating myths, stories, or legends. We are asking for submissions in any genre about the best of Scotland ‘s historic places, icons and hidden gems! It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action. This is not an evening to miss.
St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Open Mic from 7:30-8:45 pm.
Glasgow’s Poetry Network hosted by Poet Laureate for Glasgow, Jim Carruth offers opportunities for budding and established poets to read their work at this popular open mic session for audiences to experience and enjoy Glasgow’s diverse poetic voice. https://
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
Blythswood Room, Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021