Aye Write, Speakeasy and Open Mic, Mitchell Library, Thursday 9 March, 2017
9 March, 2017 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Scottish Writers’ Centre: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
St. Mungo’s Mirrorball: 7:30 – 8:45 pm
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre in partnership with Aye Write are hosting a Speakeasy Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and we’re rocking the theme of Scotland’s History, Myths, and Legends and asking writers to respond.
Please join Scottish Writers’ Centre by submitting something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about Scotland’s World Heritage Sites, ancient monuments, listed building, battlefields, cultural traditions, captivating myths, stories, or legends. We are asking for submissions in any genre about the best of Scotland ‘s historic places, icons and hidden gems! It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action. This is not an evening to miss.
St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Open Mic from 7:30-8:45 pm.
Glasgow’s Poetry Network hosted by Poet Laureate for Glasgow, Jim Carruth offers opportunities for budding and established poets to read their work at this popular open mic session for audiences to experience and enjoy Glasgow’s diverse poetic voice. https://
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
Blythswood Room, Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Hope GFT
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!