Aaron Angell, The Death of Robi at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum until 25 April. 2016
Part of Glasgow International, Aaron Angell presents a single exhibition split across two venues.
Borrowing its title from Peter Vansittart’s historical novel of 1981, Angell presents new sculptural works influenced by psychedelic poetry, philosophies of gardening, the colour green, and the architecture of pipe organs.
In Kelvingrove, Angell is exhibiting new sculptural work on the mezzanine level facing the museum’s great organ, including works in iron, assemblages of sixteenth century furniture, and other found objects. Central to this presentation is a theatrical programme of organ recitals. This features examples of early secular music, diffused with melodies traditionally performed on itinerant instruments, rather than through the fixed site of the organ.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Glasgow Botanic Gardens
At Glasgow Botanic Gardens, Angell presents a series of new ceramic sculptures among plants in the National Begonia collection. These works are produced in close reference to the compositions of the gardener Capability Brown and associated examples of vernacular architecture. Here the organ is re-imagined as a machine for communicating with the vegetable kingdom.
Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
Find out more about Glasgow International at http://glasgowinternational.org/
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow International 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced