Aaron Angell, The Death of Robi at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum until 25 April. 2016
Part of Glasgow International, Aaron Angell presents a single exhibition split across two venues.
Borrowing its title from Peter Vansittart’s historical novel of 1981, Angell presents new sculptural works influenced by psychedelic poetry, philosophies of gardening, the colour green, and the architecture of pipe organs.
In Kelvingrove, Angell is exhibiting new sculptural work on the mezzanine level facing the museum’s great organ, including works in iron, assemblages of sixteenth century furniture, and other found objects. Central to this presentation is a theatrical programme of organ recitals. This features examples of early secular music, diffused with melodies traditionally performed on itinerant instruments, rather than through the fixed site of the organ.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Glasgow Botanic Gardens
At Glasgow Botanic Gardens, Angell presents a series of new ceramic sculptures among plants in the National Begonia collection. These works are produced in close reference to the compositions of the gardener Capability Brown and associated examples of vernacular architecture. Here the organ is re-imagined as a machine for communicating with the vegetable kingdom.
Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
Find out more about Glasgow International at http://glasgowinternational.org/
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow International 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA