Aaron Angell, The Death of Robi at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum until 25 April. 2016
Part of Glasgow International, Aaron Angell presents a single exhibition split across two venues.
Borrowing its title from Peter Vansittart’s historical novel of 1981, Angell presents new sculptural works influenced by psychedelic poetry, philosophies of gardening, the colour green, and the architecture of pipe organs.
In Kelvingrove, Angell is exhibiting new sculptural work on the mezzanine level facing the museum’s great organ, including works in iron, assemblages of sixteenth century furniture, and other found objects. Central to this presentation is a theatrical programme of organ recitals. This features examples of early secular music, diffused with melodies traditionally performed on itinerant instruments, rather than through the fixed site of the organ.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Glasgow Botanic Gardens
At Glasgow Botanic Gardens, Angell presents a series of new ceramic sculptures among plants in the National Begonia collection. These works are produced in close reference to the compositions of the gardener Capability Brown and associated examples of vernacular architecture. Here the organ is re-imagined as a machine for communicating with the vegetable kingdom.
Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
Find out more about Glasgow International at http://glasgowinternational.org/
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Glasgow International 2016, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow