A Small Story for children 2 – 4, The Tron 30th April – 3rd May, 2014
A Small Story
30th April – 3rd May, 2014
Celebrated Scottish/German children’s theatre makers unite to create a unique show of intricate visual storytelling for 2 – 4 year olds
Starcatchers and Theater o.N. (Berlin) to tour a small story / eine kleine geschichte this Spring
Created and performed by ANDY MANLEY and ANIA MICHAELIS
Starcatchers is delighted to announce a new co-production by award winning theatre maker Andy Manley. Co-created and performed with Ania Michaelis, a small story / eine kleine geschichte will be Manley’s first early years production, in Scotland, since the international success of White. The show is for children aged 2 and over and is about the little things which make up the story of a life.
A room full of boxes. Each contains a memory, a moment in time. Two guardians tenderly re-enact these moments using the everyday objects around them and a magical world evolves… a tiny glass giggles and hides, a pair of pepper pots fall in love, an old teapot and a chipped vase dance. Small objects tell their bigger stories; gentle, reflective and fun. Using visual storytelling Andy Manley and Ania Michaelis take audiences on a tender journey exploring the little things that make a big difference in our lives.
This wonderfully creative piece of children’s theatre is a collaboration between Starcatchers – Scotland’s leading arts organisation for early years and Theatre o.N (Berlin). Fresh from performances in Germany a small story | eine kleine geschichte will tour Scotland from April – May 2014.
Designed by Fred Pommerehn (Mikey and Addie, Tiger Tiger) with music by Danny Krass (White, The Ballad of Pondlife McGurk, The Artist, the Man and the Mother Woman) and Dramaturgy by Dagmar Domroes (GTA – German Theatre Abroad, the devil treasure / Heart Monster), this international production is a unique Scottish German collaboration. Developed in Berlin and Edinburgh for children aged 2 – 4 and their grown ups the production is funded by Creative Scotland, Goethe Institut Glasgow and Support for Innovative Approaches of the Fonds Darstellende Kunste e.V. (Fund for Performing Arts) – funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and the Berlin Senate Cultural Affairs Department.
“Many drawers with dreams of surprises. It couldn’t be more exciting”
The Tron, 63 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HB
Competition – Five Pairs of Tickets to be won.
Question: A small story / eine kleine geschichte is a co-production from Starcatchers Scotland) and Theatre o. N which is based in what country:
Send email with your answer to: Pat Byrne
Closing date: Monday 28th April.
Winners will be notified by email
The Tron Theatre will organise tickets for the winners at the theatre box office.
The show runs from 30th April to 3rd May.
This section: Kids and young people
Filed under: Kids and young people
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Take 2: Charming
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Princess Mononoke at Studio Ghibli Season GFT