A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
Saturday 30 July, 2022, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m
Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AG
Performances of the music that John Byrne loves and that inspired his creativity, featuring songs by Gerry Rafferty, Stealers Wheel, Donovan and The Beatles.
With something for every age group; even the smallest fans (3+) will be entertained by a re-telling of Byrne’s children’s book Donald & Benoit.
There will be wonderful characters randomly popping up! Taking their inspiration from John Byrne’s dramatic career. So keep your eyes open as these could happen in any space, at any time!
The day is FREE, while John Patrick Byrne – A Big Adventure Exhibition is ticketed: £7.50 for adults, £5 Concessions and free for under 16’s.
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Black Pudding Day
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT