Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
Thursday 4 August, 2022, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
People’s Palace, Green, Templeton St, Glasgow G40 1AT
Come along to the People’s Palace on Thursday 4th August 2-3pm for Glasgow and Slavery, the first in a new series of curatorial tours.
Miles Greenwood and Tony Lewis invite you to share thoughts about Glasgow and its relationships with the British Empire through the People’s Palace’s displays and Glasgow Green’s monuments.
Miles Greenwood was appointed Curator of Legacies of Slavery and Empire at Glasgow Museums in September 2020. His role involves planning and coordinating Glasgow Museums’ approach to addressing the legacies of slavery and Empire.
Curator of Scottish History, Glasgow Museums.
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Friends of People's Palace and Winter Gardens at Glasgow Green, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting