A Century of Chinese Cinema GFT Monday 30 June
A Century of Chinese Cinema
GFT, 12 Rose Street
Taking place on Monday 30 June (13.00 – 18.00, 1 hour lunch break), this course will be taught by independent film director and academic Pieter Van der Houwen. The day will comprise of a screening of Spring in a Small Town at GFT followed by a session at Glasgow University’s Centre for Open Studies, looking at the cultural and industrial context of Chinese cinema.
A Century of Chinese Cinema season at Glasgow Film Theatre
Following on from screenings at Toronto International Film Festival and BFI Southbank, we are thrilled to bring this rich and eclectic programme to GFT throughout June, July and August. Featuring rare screenings of hard-to-see Chinese films along with classics new and old. Kindly supported by the Confucius Institute.
To book please call Glasgow University’s Centre for Open Studies 0141 330 1860/1853/2772 to sign up, course cost is £32.
For more information please contact Sean Greenhorn (GFT Programme Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Glasgow Film Festival – Programme Announced 2020
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A