A Century of Chinese Cinema GFT Monday 30 June
A Century of Chinese Cinema
GFT, 12 Rose Street
Taking place on Monday 30 June (13.00 – 18.00, 1 hour lunch break), this course will be taught by independent film director and academic Pieter Van der Houwen. The day will comprise of a screening of Spring in a Small Town at GFT followed by a session at Glasgow University’s Centre for Open Studies, looking at the cultural and industrial context of Chinese cinema.
A Century of Chinese Cinema season at Glasgow Film Theatre
Following on from screenings at Toronto International Film Festival and BFI Southbank, we are thrilled to bring this rich and eclectic programme to GFT throughout June, July and August. Featuring rare screenings of hard-to-see Chinese films along with classics new and old. Kindly supported by the Confucius Institute.
To book please call Glasgow University’s Centre for Open Studies 0141 330 1860/1853/2772 to sign up, course cost is £32.
For more information please contact Sean Greenhorn (GFT Programme Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Films Online
- Welcome to Hgff20 with Co-Directors Eirene Houston and Hugo Rivalt
- GFT – Coronavirus – Cinema to close temporarily from 2 November
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- International Day of the Girl Child
- There’s Something in the Water, Femspectives and Take One Action