Paul Smith, Book Signing at The Lighthouse Wednesday 24 February, 2016.
Paul Smith set to return to Glasgow for event and book signing
Britain’s foremost designer, Paul Smith, will travel to Glasgow later this month to talk to design students and young designers as well hold a public book signing.
On Wednesday, 24 February, Paul will return to The Lighthouse, Scotland’s Centre for Design and Architecture and deliver a talk on ‘How To Find Inspiration In Everything’, to students from colleges and universities as well as aspiring young designers. Looking to the future as well as celebrating his career to date, the talk will reference Paul Smith’s influences and creative processes, charting the rise of one of the world’s leading designers.
Places Free – open only to students and young designers
Paul will also be signing copies of his book, Hello, My Name is Paul Smith available from The Lighthouse. The activities are part of the travelling exhibition programme for ‘Hello, My Name is Paul Smith’, which opened at The Lighthouse on 21 January.
Ian Elder, The Lighthouse said: “We’re very excited that Paul will be coming back to The Lighthouse to speak to students and young designers.
“As a globally recognised designer, Paul is passionate about inspiring young people. You only need to visit the exhibition to experience this.
“To have Paul coming back to Glasgow is a great opportunity for people to engage with him and the exhibition. This is especially true of those who previously haven’t had the chance.”
The talk will take place 12-1pm.
The book signing will take place from 1.30-2.30pm also at The Lighthouse.
About the exhibition:
Debuted at the Design Museum in London in 2013 and touring in 2015 to Modemuseum Hasselt in Belgium, Hello, My Name is Paul Smith invites you into Paul Smith’s world; a world of fashion, creation, inspiration, collaboration, wit and beauty.
The exhibition is supported by Sony and The Herald, Creative Scotland and Glasgow City Council.
It draws on Paul’s personal archive, from the company’s beginnings in Nottingham to its international prominence today. The exhibition will explore how the designer’s unique creative intuition, together with an understanding of the roles of designer and retailer, have laid the foundations for the company’s lasting success and offer a unique insight into the magnificent mind of Paul Smith.
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Galleries, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival