10 Billion: What’s on your Plate? Saturday 17 September, 2016.
Sat 17 September 2016
7pm, £6 (£4.50), Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Thu 15 September — Sun 25 September 2016
Dir. Valentin Thurn, Germany, 2015, 102mins
With the world population expected to reach 10 billion by 2050, how will the world feed itself?
Amidst heated debate (and a fair bit of hot air), comes this clear-headed exploration of global food production and distribution, which investigates different innovations and visions for our future – including artificial meat, insects, industrial farming and urban gardening.
With the environmental, social and political impact of food production increasingly impossible to ignore, and with global hunger in urgent need of our attention, 10 Billion presents a unique opportunity to reflect on the role we all play in ensuring food sustainability – and the future of our planet.
With short film La Botanique des Amours (Anne-Sophie Cayon & Laura Nicolas, Belgium, 2014, 4min)
BEYOND THE SCREEN
We will be joined after the screening by representatives from Christian Aid, and Bella Crowe (Scottish Food Coalition Coordinator, Nourish Scotland), to explore Scotland’s role in paving the way for a more sustainable food future.
Presented in association with Christian Aid.
To book your tickets and to see the full 2016 programme of screenings and events please visit www.takeoneaction.org.uk
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- European Art House Cinema Day GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- The Day Shall Come GFT
- The Joker, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Monster and Mary Shelley, Paisley Arts Centre
- Story – Party True Dating Stories, Cottiers
- Fright Night at Websters Theatre