Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

I had tae re-register...cannae mind why but assume I forgot my password, or mibee the e-mail address, ay, that might be it because i had cancelled the bell sympatico account and re-signed we bell and bell mail.

A very guid day the day....one oh thais covers we a keyboard for the ipad2, also a cordless mouse for a friend in England, the friend is Scott and his Mum is a guid friend of one oh the nieces, guid looking Mum but young ye ken, nae chance thait she has progressed intae her middle fifties...middle fifties is a minimum age for me tae try and take advantage of....

Visited the son and his brood at Grande Pointe....Lily is wearing a diaper (nappie) for her last heat afore Titan has his way, he is very attentive tae her and am thinkin she wull welcome his advances.

It was a guid day and noo am back in the flat...no feeling overly energetic so decided tae have, soup and a toasted bacon and tomato sandwich......need tae gie that a re-think cos thurs nae bread, nae soup and nae tomatoes...mibee bacon and eggs we some "Melba" toast.

Cannae mind if i telt yeese but last Friday, afore bridge, the conversation got aroond tae, no sae much aboot relationships, no, jist about ladies and men withoot partners....a woman says tae me thit she kens somebody thit i havtae meet, rich, generous, alone and looking......I try tae tell her, "no the noo hen", but she persists, wants tae introduce me there and then, then adds, "she only has one breast" and tae this I replied, "that might be more information that i need to hear"....later I assure my friend that a mising breast was of little concern and she pointed oot the woman tae me....dae auld folk still go tae the pictures and if yes, is the back row still for smoochers ?...no that i wid dae that mind, jist curious.

tam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RAINING, damnation, where is our snow, the white fluffy stuff we have come to expect. No bridge since last Friday and non scheduled until next Friday.....so....cannae dwell on the tragic, must do something a wee bit diferent. Wull make this a washing day. I still have clean socks and underwear so the wash isnae a necessity. Also, am gonnae include the sheets, also not necessary. The sheet wash wull have me in a far different mode. Normally while the sheets are washing and drying, the imagination sees me coming back tae the flat we company, these thoughts wull be stiffled...no thit am giving up mind, no indeed because one cannae gie up hope for long periods of time....the ithur thing is that company might jist materialize when it isnae expected.

tam

by the way, are you lot in hibernation ?

I had a washing day today, Tam. I haven't a clue what day it is but it was nice to do something normal. I also braved the sales and got myself some sniff (family name for perfume), as Santa was a bit remiss this year. Instead, he went all high falootin' and got me a Friends Membership for the Royal Academy. I got two great art books in the sales that weighed a ton to bring home and a new water filter. My needs are simple and I won't brave Oxford Street for love nor money. Right, Christmas done - roll on New Year ..... :D

I hope you use fabric conditioner of those sheets. :P

Fabric softener ????......I use liquid laundry detergent and i put one of those wee sheets in the dryer. Did you notice someone has made inquiries regarding the pub mets ? I wonder if her chosen nom de plume is an advertisement.

tam

Noo you've got me thinkin', Tam...

Sam, will be drivin' himself senseless still trying to assemble the weans' toys...

Dex will listening to great tunes, probably still wearing a santa hat and a reindeer jumper tucked unto his underpants ... :P

Jimbo will be doing something very cool and technical that nobody else understands - well me anyway.

Lynnski will be catchin' up with her coursework in her fingerless mitten and Dr Who type scarf.... student stereotyping? Moi? :lol:

Tig and the lovely tigess are probably still ensconsed in rural bliss .... :)

Willie, will be sunning himself on the costa del something, admiring the local fashion scene...

The Glamourpuss Quartet; Pat, Maggs, Cany Lass and Hingmie are probably wearing their new boas, earrings and fun furs... that's after Hingmie manages to scrape the chocolate mints aff her napper....

PartickEdger will be pouring over his maps... :)

Gayle will be at home with her lovely girls ... :)

Snow White will be exhausted dahling from appearing in panto...

Hamsterbert will be being enegmatic ...

HH and LG will be out snapping away. Let's hope the dugs don't bite back...

Sqriob will be still writin' that book .... :rolleyes::P

You, I imagine are stting, happy as a sand boy, with clean sheets waftin' in the breeze, contemplating your next big adventure...

Me, I'm off to clean the oven.... :lol:

If I've missed anyone, feel free to fill in the gaps .... :lol:

:lol:

I'm in a swish Mac shop in Inverness after spending a couple of day in the Heilans at a grand wedding.

Jimbo is having coffee with an old friend - they'll be talking techie stuff and music. :)

Harper, by yourself you are well worth the price of admission.

tam

I am going to the senior centre, ahm telt an envelope awaits.....might be an invitation to adventure land from a lovely adventuress.

Just off the phone tae the daughter in law; they are making an ice rink, this year, just waiting for more snow. Anyhoo, south western ontario has turned cold, a drop of 20c over the past thirty hours.

Oot the day and expected tae visit the senior centre and it is bloody well closed. Mumbled tae mahsel then looked aboot, cold, brisk weather, guid lookin ladies and pleased tae see that Vern the barber is open for business; he is a champion barber and the gentlest hands in the world, a pleasure having Vern cut your hair.

Right, nothin for it but tae buy a scratch ticket and go tae timmies for a coffee. A huge line-up, ten minute wait but everyone in a guid mood and the ladies who work there are charm personified...maistly ladies of a certain age which suits me jist fine.

On the way back tae the flat, bought my eggs, 18 large and extra large for $3.75.

And i did stop in at the bank...a loans officer wasnae looking happy, she had a wee quiet discussion we one of the tellers and returned tae her office, in a huff am thinking; I says tae the teller, "ahm guessin Santa missed her" and the teller giggled.

Noo I have tae decide, "cheese omelet we toast", "toast and raspberry jam", "yogurt", "beans on toast" or a combination; decisions, decisions, decisions and bloody lucky tae have choices....of course if i were a better person i might have been granted a bit of company, female company, one no too fussy, a lady with patience....ay, well, mibee the morra.

tam

Right, youse lot need tae be chastized, oops, seems that isnae how tae spell chastised, ay well that's better. Oanyway yur no postin like yeese ustae and ye ken finae am no oan aboot the quality, no siree bub, its the paucity. It ustae be i could come oan here and be regaled for hours and hours. Thurs a few thit always pull their weight, and I cannae mention names of bosses and i widnae mention Harper because that wid be blatant favouritism seein as how she is my friend....but the rest of yeese havtae pull yur socks up; no Sam or Gladtae and no rory or tig...ahm no sure i knows thais last two but they dae put up the numbers and there is someone ahm forgetting....must be male because the lassies are always oan my mind....

AND

speaking of memories, mine has taken tae disappearin, nae warnins jist up and goes; am gonnae gie yeese a couple of examples, but first: Mark Twain...ay dae so admire the man and his writings; American ye know and thais United States have produced some tremendous writers...oanyway, oan memory Mark said, (mibee when he was in Edinburgh), "It is not so remarkable the things I remember, what is remarkable is the things I remember which just aren't so". Also, whit follows is absolutely the truth, UNLESS the truth isnae called for.

This has been a very good day for me. Bridge at the seniors (my handling of the various contract reached new levels of ineptitude) and a Christmas pressie from a beautiful young woman...nothing naughty, the lady is happily married and possibly has not reached her forties, very attractive al the same and nice we it annaw. Oanyway, some scratch tickets and a card for Tim Horton's: the tickets left me with an extra $25.00 which will be re-invested and Timmies will see more of me...so it has been busy, busy, busy and by the time i arrived back at the ranch, i reasoned that it was getting on and I should put frozen pizza in the oven (part of a really guid yain, made by Kraft).

I trotted out the round, metal, cooking thingmie and put one third of the pizza on board. Oven heated a wee bit and set the temp for 350, am in nae rush. Opened the oven door and found a roast pan, ken the kind ye can dae chicken, beef, ham in, First thought was, "ah, I remember buying that at Canadian Tire and then thought, a good place to keep it when it isn't being used. It is warm so a couple of dish towels and lift it out, a bit weighty for an empty roast pan. It wisnae empty. Second thought was "oh my sainted aunt", damn, this is going to stink, two weeks since I did a small roast of beef.......well it wasnae too bad and after a cleaning it is left full of soapy water.

Och it is ten o'clock at night so I wull finish this the morra.

tam

tam, you always seem to have a very good memory. Now, my own is so bad that I can very easily be persuaded that I am wrong even when I am right.

Yesterday I sent Jim a text asking him to bring some Tortilla from the deli. I meant the Spanish omelette type dish, which I often make.

I was surprised to find a packet of plain flour Mexican tortillas in the kitchen. This was followed by a conversation with my saying things like, 'now what on earth is the right name?' - 'Why did I think it was tortilla?'

Now I'm going to have to make Fajitas. What are they? Tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic and chilli - and I guess you can throw in a bit of chicken?

I was up 'til the wee small hours reading through the screenplay for my film, proof pages for my new book, writing blurb for back page and press release. Thought I'd catch up with my sleep this morning...WRONG!!!! I was woken up at 7am, they're digging up road right outside my bedroom window...HELP!!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Dazzle....a new poster, guid stuff, very guid stuff....i'm a periodic drop in, ustae be regular but spent some time in paradise, a difficult place tae leave.

Southern Ontario has snow and the plough, although no needed, has made one pass doon the road. Wur supposed tae get a lot mair so the eldest wull be able tae dae the ootdoor rink....he is going tae use plastic sheets....we ustae clear maist of the snow, build a low wall aroond the perimiter, sprinkle water a wee bit at a time so as tae get a sturday base of ice, then flood.....am telt that the plastic is a lot less work.

A bridge day the day, duplicate in the wee toon of Blenheim.

tam

Patricia....mibee e-mail a bit later, sometime during your evening.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm checking out the Internet Cafe as I've not been at the library since Christmas. I got lots of good books in presents and vouchers for Waterstones. The clattering of the cups makes a change from the noisy library assistants chatting for Glasgow. I'm very distracted by my neighbour (only five inches to my side). Their drink looks dangerous with large pink globules floating in it. They might be marshmallows.

The Slough of (my) Despond:-

If ahm gonnae write rubbish, this is the place, this is my repository for the vast majority of my rubbish; oanway thurs folk thit wid say, "that isnae true, maist of his rubbish comes tae me"....probably a couple of friends, Big Jim and Bob.

I had tae dae a search for "slough of.....", no thit i was doubtful aboot the memory cos i kent fine it was John Donne...only it wisnae; mibee thon Bunyon was a plagiarist.

The thing thit got me thinkin was nae e-mail. So giein it a think it wid appear thit I have been remiss when dealing with folk i write tae, ay some wullnae mind.....and the slough of "my" despond" has become a lot bigger since one of the granddaughters is in a hospital, Sault (Soo) Ste Marie, general; infection in the heart.

She is nineteen, awfy thin, smiling and daein her damndest tae adopt a positive attitude which must be difficult...nae question as tae who the favourite grandchild is at this time.

I and two of the grandsons wur up tae see her, Wednesday past, and am thinking of returning next Wednesday. The journey back was not easy but I lucked out and was able to get behind a tractor/trailer...couldnae even see the side of the road, blowing snow and it was at night....four vehicles passed me and all ended up in the mediun.

Thurs lots i should be daein but am spendin maist of my time oan freecell or the old age pensioner's site (sagazone) i cuidnae think of the name.

The one bright note came when I saw "canny lass" was using this thread...nae idea why, mibee jist seemed that someone was hame and waitin for me.....

tam

The Slough of (my) Despond:-

If ahm gonnae write rubbish, this is the place, this is my repository for the vast majority of my rubbish; oanway thurs folk thit wid say, "that isnae true, maist of his rubbish comes tae me"....probably a couple of friends, Big Jim and Bob.

I had tae dae a search for "slough of.....", no thit i was doubtful aboot the memory cos i kent fine it was John Donne...only it wisnae; mibee thon Bunyon was a plagiarist.

The thing thit got me thinkin was nae e-mail. So giein it a think it wid appear thit I have been remiss when dealing with folk i write tae, ay some wullnae mind.....and the slough of "my" despond" has become a lot bigger since one of the granddaughters is in a hospital, Sault (Soo) Ste Marie, general; infection in the heart.

She is nineteen, awfy thin, smiling and daein her damndest tae adopt a positive attitude which must be difficult...nae question as tae who the favourite grandchild is at this time.

I and two of the grandsons wur up tae see her, Wednesday past, and am thinking of returning next Wednesday. The journey back was not easy but I lucked out and was able to get behind a tractor/trailer...couldnae even see the side of the road, blowing snow and it was at night....four vehicles passed me and all ended up in the mediun.

Thurs lots i should be daein but am spendin maist of my time oan freecell or the old age pensioner's site (sagazone) i cuidnae think of the name.

The one bright note came when I saw "canny lass" was using this thread...nae idea why, mibee jist seemed that someone was hame and waitin for me.....

tam

Hope your granddaughter will be well soon, tam. That's a worry for you her being in hospital.

I sent you an email on 14th January - you must have missed it so I'll resend.

No idea how I missed that....I do know that my yahoo mail does not transfer to my macmail...then again I might have missed it completely....I will have a look in all mailboxes...in another life I will be born later and know all about computers....not sure I would want to have a complete understanding of women; learning is an ongoing, wonderful, exciting process.....and even at my age less than 10% is about average for understanding the ladies of this world.

tam

sport-smiley-5537.gif

To hell with Christmas, my tickets for the 2012 Six Nations Calcutta Cup at Murrayfield have just arrived.... Ya beauty!

Scotland 6 England - I stopped lookiing at 10...

Thank gawd I got rid of my tickets. Sometimes, cancelled plans because of work commitments :angry: turn out to be a blessing in disguise... :lol: We lost but at least I'm warm and toasty and not freezing my butt off trying to get through the crowds as at Haymarket.

Scotland 6 England - I stopped lookiing at 10...

Thank gawd I got rid of my tickets. Sometimes, cancelled plans because of work commitments :angry: turn out to be a blessing in disguise... :lol: We lost but at least I'm warm and toasty and not freezing my butt off trying to get through the crowds as at Haymarket.

Yikes. I thought Scotland were the favourites. :(