Nae Pasaran, GFT plus Q & A with Felipe Bustos Sierra
Wednesday, 12 September, 2018, 5.50 p.m.
In 1974 a group of workers at the Rolls-Royce factory in East Kilbride showed their support for the people of Chile by refusing to carry out vital inspections of engines for Hawker Hunter planes – the fighter jets were being used by the military junta against the people. The boycott endured for four years but the Scottish workers never knew what impact they had; it was a matter of conscience and an act of solidarity against General Pinochet’s brutal dictatorship. Forty years later, Nae Pasaran reunites inspirational figures Bob Fulton, Robert Sommerville, John Keenan and Stuart Barrie to hear their story. As September marks the 45th anniversary of the Chilean Coup, we present this special advance preview screening of Nae Pasaran, which had its world premiere at Glasgow Film Festival 2018.
Followed by a Q&A with director Felipe Bustos Sierra + special guests.
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT