Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski, Friday, November 28, 2015 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski
Friday, November 28 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print Studio
Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Former This Mortal Coil vocalist Louise Rutkowski presents her first solo album, “Diary of a Lost Girl”, accompanied by co-writer/producer and pianist, Irvin Duguid.
Funded through direct-to-fan platform PledgeMusic, “Diary of a Lost Girl” has been described by its supporters as, “A truly haunting and beautiful album”, and “Pure poetic, lovelorn angst at its best”.
Drawing many comparisons with The Blue Nile and Kate Bush, the album includes mixes by Calum Malcolm (The Blue Nile) and Steve Orchard (Sir Paul McCartney, Chris Cornell), and marks a return to writing for Louise since her career began with Glaswegian soul band, Sunset Gun.
(In the early 90s, Louise worked with film composer Craig Armstrong (Moulin Rouge, Love Actually, NEDS), releasing the album, “Hope” in the US with Interscope Records.)
Since its release in February 2014, “Diary” has been featured on BBC Radio Scotland’s “Culture Show” (Janice Forsyth), Tom Morton, Roddy Hart, and Clyde 2 (Billy Sloan live session).
A single from the album, “Help Me” was released on 31 March this year and has been receiving regular airplay from BBC Radio Scotland, Radio 2, as well as many regional digital stations.
This live performance will include special commissioned projected visuals by Polish artist Robert Motyka of Wee Dog Media, Edinburgh.
Tickets available from Glasgow Print Studio or via this link:
Buy tickets online
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2018
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Gina Chavez, The Doublet, Sounds in the Suburbs
- Craft Cafe Summer Ball at Pearce Institute
- Songbird – Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy, West End Festival 2018
- Lazy Saturday Afternoon, Friends of the River Kelvin at West End Festival
- All Dayer OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Luca Manning, The Blue Arrow
- Take A Walk On The Weill Side, West End Festival 2018
- Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall September, 2018
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- PCL presents Jerron ‘Blind Boy’ Paxton, CCA
- Fiesta x Fold Festival, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow 2018
- The Luthiers Concert, West End Festival
- Heidi Talbot and John McCusker at Cottiers
- Kittlin at Tchai Ovna
- The Electrics, 30 Anniversary, The Bungalow, Paisley
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow