Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski, Friday, November 28, 2015 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print Studio Presents: Louise Rutkowski
Friday, November 28 8 p.m.
Glasgow Print Studio
Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Former This Mortal Coil vocalist Louise Rutkowski presents her first solo album, “Diary of a Lost Girl”, accompanied by co-writer/producer and pianist, Irvin Duguid.
Funded through direct-to-fan platform PledgeMusic, “Diary of a Lost Girl” has been described by its supporters as, “A truly haunting and beautiful album”, and “Pure poetic, lovelorn angst at its best”.
Drawing many comparisons with The Blue Nile and Kate Bush, the album includes mixes by Calum Malcolm (The Blue Nile) and Steve Orchard (Sir Paul McCartney, Chris Cornell), and marks a return to writing for Louise since her career began with Glaswegian soul band, Sunset Gun.
(In the early 90s, Louise worked with film composer Craig Armstrong (Moulin Rouge, Love Actually, NEDS), releasing the album, “Hope” in the US with Interscope Records.)
Since its release in February 2014, “Diary” has been featured on BBC Radio Scotland’s “Culture Show” (Janice Forsyth), Tom Morton, Roddy Hart, and Clyde 2 (Billy Sloan live session).
A single from the album, “Help Me” was released on 31 March this year and has been receiving regular airplay from BBC Radio Scotland, Radio 2, as well as many regional digital stations.
This live performance will include special commissioned projected visuals by Polish artist Robert Motyka of Wee Dog Media, Edinburgh.
Tickets available from Glasgow Print Studio or via this link:
Buy tickets online
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts