An audience with Peter May 18 January, 2016 The Mitchell Library
Aye Write! Presents an audience with Peter May
18th Jan 2016 • 1:00PM – 2:00PM
The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
Award winning Peter May joins us at the Mitchell Library to discuss his new novel Coffin Road. Part of the Aye Write! Presents series.
From Peter May, the author of the top 3 Sunday Times bestseller Entry Island and bestselling Lewis Trilogy, comes his latest standalone novel Coffin Road
A man is washed up on a deserted beach on the Hebridean Isle of Harris, barely alive and borderline hypothermic. He has no idea who he is or how he got there. The only clue to his identity is a map tracing a track called the Coffin Road. He does not know where it will lead him, but filled with dread, fear and uncertainty he knows he must follow it.
A detective crosses rough Atlantic seas to a remote rock twenty miles west of the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. With a sense of foreboding he steps ashore where three lighthouse keepers disappeared more than a century before – a mystery that remains unsolved. But now there is a new mystery – a man found bludgeoned to death on that same rock, and DS George Gunn must find out who did it and why.
A teenage girl lies in her Edinburgh bedroom, desperate to discover the truth about her father’s death. Two years after the discovery of the pioneering scientist’s suicide note, Karen Fleming still cannot accept that he would wilfully abandon her. And the more she discovers about the nature of his research, the more she suspects that others were behind his disappearance. Coffin Road follows three perilous journeys towards one shocking truth – and the realisation that ignorance can kill us.
Peter May was an award-winning journalist at the age of just twenty-one. He left newspapers for television and screenwriting, creating three prime-time British drama series and accruing more than 1,000 television credits. Peter now lives in France where he focuses on writing novels. Peter has won numerous awards. In 2013 he won the ‘Best Crime Novel Award’ for ‘The Blackhouse’ at Bouchercon in the US. In September, ‘Entry Island’ won the Deanston Scottish Crime Book of the Year and in October it won the Specsavers ITV3 Crime Thriller Book Club Best Read Award.
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT