Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
Wednesday, 22 May, 2019 7.30 p.m.
Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham return to Glasgow in Spring 2019 !
What more can you say about these two stellar musicians, now embarking on their 33rd year of working together Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham have established themselves as the epitome of excellence in the world of traditional music. Mike Russell of the Glasgow Herald has described them as “probably the best traditional musicians you are ever likely to hear”.
With their musical magic and quick-witted humour they will pull your emotional strings one moment and have you falling off the seat with laughter the next.
2017 for Aly and Phil marked many milestones. Their 30th year of working together, Aly turned 70 (hard to believe!) in May and Phil also celebrated 40 years as a professional musician.
To celebrate they plan some surprises on their annual trip round Scotland including a nostalgic backdrop of images from all those years, and with the release of a new album.
Two of Scotland’s most acclaimed traditional musicians have been delighting audiences across Scotland with their masterful, versatile and amusing performances and leading us in the dance on BBC’s live Hogmanay show for over two decades. Oct 2013 saw the legendary folk duo receive the The Sunday Mail Great Scot Award’s ‘Lifetime Achievement” Award.
0141 357 5825
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow, G11 5PU
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
- Hayes Carll plus Travis Linnvale, Cottiers
- Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith, The Admiral Bar
- Jess Klein and Mike June, The Doublet Glasgow
- Choral Concert St Marys Episcopal Cathedral
- The Marbles and Friends Live
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Jen Fairgrieve at Tchai Ovna House of Tea
- Songs in the South: David Starr, Martha L Healy and Al Shields
- St Louis Jam Sessions