Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
Community Building and Anti-racism: Zine-making with Glasgow Zine Library
Monday 24 August, 2020 6:00pm
Zines are a creative and effective way to express yourself and to share a message. They are used by groups to organise and activate others, and as a platform to create communities in marginalised groups seeking alternative DIY methods of making and sharing.
Join artist Natasha Ruwona and Glasgow Zine Library for a very special beginner zine-making course.
In this online session, you’ll be taken through the purpose of zines, how to view and make them through the lens of anti-racism and community-building, and you will get to create your own! Come with a piece of paper, pens, some scissors, and an idea!
Glasgow Zine Library is a community-based zine library in Govanhill. They organise Glasgow Zine Fest, and run a year round programme of community-focused events.
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Parents and Toddlers Outside, Woodside Garden, Maryhill
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- The Insect Embassy, Victoria Park