Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
Community Building and Anti-racism: Zine-making with Glasgow Zine Library
Monday 24 August, 2020 6:00pm
Zines are a creative and effective way to express yourself and to share a message. They are used by groups to organise and activate others, and as a platform to create communities in marginalised groups seeking alternative DIY methods of making and sharing.
Join artist Natasha Ruwona and Glasgow Zine Library for a very special beginner zine-making course.
In this online session, you’ll be taken through the purpose of zines, how to view and make them through the lens of anti-racism and community-building, and you will get to create your own! Come with a piece of paper, pens, some scissors, and an idea!
Glasgow Zine Library is a community-based zine library in Govanhill. They organise Glasgow Zine Fest, and run a year round programme of community-focused events.
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Refugees for Justice, Remembrance Bench Dedication
- Glasgow Film Festival Announces 2022 Programme
- Terrence Higgins Trust 10K Fundraiser in Glasgow
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- Glasgow Against Closures
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library