Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
Community Building and Anti-racism: Zine-making with Glasgow Zine Library
Monday 24 August, 2020 6:00pm
Zines are a creative and effective way to express yourself and to share a message. They are used by groups to organise and activate others, and as a platform to create communities in marginalised groups seeking alternative DIY methods of making and sharing.
Join artist Natasha Ruwona and Glasgow Zine Library for a very special beginner zine-making course.
In this online session, you’ll be taken through the purpose of zines, how to view and make them through the lens of anti-racism and community-building, and you will get to create your own! Come with a piece of paper, pens, some scissors, and an idea!
Glasgow Zine Library is a community-based zine library in Govanhill. They organise Glasgow Zine Fest, and run a year round programme of community-focused events.
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Roma Sisters Together – Govanhill International Festival
- A Musical Walking Tour of John Maclean’s Pollokshaws