Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
Community Building and Anti-racism: Zine-making with Glasgow Zine Library
Monday 24 August, 2020 6:00pm
Zines are a creative and effective way to express yourself and to share a message. They are used by groups to organise and activate others, and as a platform to create communities in marginalised groups seeking alternative DIY methods of making and sharing.
Join artist Natasha Ruwona and Glasgow Zine Library for a very special beginner zine-making course.
In this online session, you’ll be taken through the purpose of zines, how to view and make them through the lens of anti-racism and community-building, and you will get to create your own! Come with a piece of paper, pens, some scissors, and an idea!
Glasgow Zine Library is a community-based zine library in Govanhill. They organise Glasgow Zine Fest, and run a year round programme of community-focused events.
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?