Zine Making, Govanhill Book Festival 2020
Community Building and Anti-racism: Zine-making with Glasgow Zine Library
Monday 24 August, 2020 6:00pm
Zines are a creative and effective way to express yourself and to share a message. They are used by groups to organise and activate others, and as a platform to create communities in marginalised groups seeking alternative DIY methods of making and sharing.
Join artist Natasha Ruwona and Glasgow Zine Library for a very special beginner zine-making course.
In this online session, you’ll be taken through the purpose of zines, how to view and make them through the lens of anti-racism and community-building, and you will get to create your own! Come with a piece of paper, pens, some scissors, and an idea!
Glasgow Zine Library is a community-based zine library in Govanhill. They organise Glasgow Zine Fest, and run a year round programme of community-focused events.
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Virtual Santa Dash 2020
- Echo GFT At Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries