Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
Three weekly sessions, starting on Thursday 18th March, 2021 11am – 12.30pm.
Event by Woodlands Community
Join Gerry Loose and Lapidus Scotland for three sessions of online ‘Writing for Wellbeing’ workshops.
There are limited spaces for these workshops, sign up is essential. Any questions, Email, Katherine.
What am I thinking? What am I doing? What am I feeling? Why is the world the way it is? These are questions we may ask of ourselves as writers. Each time we are faced with a pen and a sheet of paper, there are no limits to the questions we may ask and the answers we might get as a result of writing our emotions, our thoughts, using memory and imagination, using observation and perseverance.
Writing may also bring releases: releases from habitual patterns of thought, of expressing ourselves; releases from inner and outer explorations. Every sheet of paper is a new frontier, a new territory to be explored.
We will be looking at writing and what it might mean to be well in the world. As writers, you’ll be encouraged to explore: what is entirely up to you. Working through a series of prompts to get started, and optional sharing of what you may have written, in a supportive and friendly way, with constructive and helpful criticism and mutual appreciation.
You will also be encouraged to keep a journal of jottings.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Womens clothing, Zoom and online events
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Smokehead Sessions Festive Concert Livestream with Dave Arcari
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- COP26: Eco Echoes, Tinderbox Collective: Write Songs and Make Games
- Artivismo Pintando Murales Derribamos Muros – Digital Exhibition Launch
- Lego Build The Change – University of Strathclyde
- Addressing Sustainable Goals in the Fashion Industry
- Creative Conversations: Frances Poet
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow