Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
Three weekly sessions, starting on Thursday 18th March, 2021 11am – 12.30pm.
Event by Woodlands Community
Join Gerry Loose and Lapidus Scotland for three sessions of online ‘Writing for Wellbeing’ workshops.
There are limited spaces for these workshops, sign up is essential. Any questions, Email, Katherine.
What am I thinking? What am I doing? What am I feeling? Why is the world the way it is? These are questions we may ask of ourselves as writers. Each time we are faced with a pen and a sheet of paper, there are no limits to the questions we may ask and the answers we might get as a result of writing our emotions, our thoughts, using memory and imagination, using observation and perseverance.
Writing may also bring releases: releases from habitual patterns of thought, of expressing ourselves; releases from inner and outer explorations. Every sheet of paper is a new frontier, a new territory to be explored.
We will be looking at writing and what it might mean to be well in the world. As writers, you’ll be encouraged to explore: what is entirely up to you. Working through a series of prompts to get started, and optional sharing of what you may have written, in a supportive and friendly way, with constructive and helpful criticism and mutual appreciation.
You will also be encouraged to keep a journal of jottings.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Womens clothing, Zoom and online events
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Scottish Climate Action Network – Climate Cafe
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021