This Will Ruin Everything, Recoat, The Lighthouse 14 – 30 July, 2017
Recoat is 10. To celebrate a decade of exhibitions, mural projects and education programmes we’re curating a special exhibition, “This Will Ruin Everything” at The Lighthouse in Glasgow.
Come along and celebrate the launch on 14th July 6-9pm.
After party at The Poetry Club 10.30pm-2am (free but ticketed)
Exhibition and events run: 15th- 30th July
Open: Mon to Sat 10.30am-5pm and Sun 12-5pm
The exhibition features work from forty Scottish and international practitioners exhibiting work from architecture to digital art to painting. Alongside the exhibition there will be a programme of workshops, panel discussions and film screening that aims to encourage dialogue around the distinctions between design and art in contemporary creative practice and celebrates the talented creatives who move between them. Recoat hope to look at function, value, ownership and elitism.
Exhibiting artists include- 44 Flavours, Ade Adesina, Jennifer Argo, ASKEW, Will Barras, Erin Bradley Scott, Rebecca Davies, Elph, EMA, FiST, Emily Fong, David Galletly, Good Wives and Warriors, Fraser Gray, Lee Ivett, Jamie Johnson, Kid Acne, Chris Macfarlane, Mark Lyken, Lucy MacLeod, R.Liwen, Tommy Mason, Neil McGuire and Imogen Ayres, Lucy McLauchlan, Martina Merlini, Matt Mignanelli, Matt,W.Moore, Morag Myerscough, Nawer, Tommy Perman, Gabriella ‘Risotto’ Marcella, Roid MSK, Rue Five, Emer Tumulity, Al White, Kirsty Whiten, Maya Wild, Susie Wright, Denise Zygadlo.
The This Will Ruin Everything Exhibition and Events Programme is funded and supported by The Lighthouse and supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland.
The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Ln, Glasgow G1 3NU
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams