This Will Ruin Everything, Recoat, The Lighthouse 14 – 30 July, 2017
Recoat is 10. To celebrate a decade of exhibitions, mural projects and education programmes we’re curating a special exhibition, “This Will Ruin Everything” at The Lighthouse in Glasgow.
Come along and celebrate the launch on 14th July 6-9pm.
After party at The Poetry Club 10.30pm-2am (free but ticketed)
Exhibition and events run: 15th- 30th July
Open: Mon to Sat 10.30am-5pm and Sun 12-5pm
The exhibition features work from forty Scottish and international practitioners exhibiting work from architecture to digital art to painting. Alongside the exhibition there will be a programme of workshops, panel discussions and film screening that aims to encourage dialogue around the distinctions between design and art in contemporary creative practice and celebrates the talented creatives who move between them. Recoat hope to look at function, value, ownership and elitism.
Exhibiting artists include- 44 Flavours, Ade Adesina, Jennifer Argo, ASKEW, Will Barras, Erin Bradley Scott, Rebecca Davies, Elph, EMA, FiST, Emily Fong, David Galletly, Good Wives and Warriors, Fraser Gray, Lee Ivett, Jamie Johnson, Kid Acne, Chris Macfarlane, Mark Lyken, Lucy MacLeod, R.Liwen, Tommy Mason, Neil McGuire and Imogen Ayres, Lucy McLauchlan, Martina Merlini, Matt Mignanelli, Matt,W.Moore, Morag Myerscough, Nawer, Tommy Perman, Gabriella ‘Risotto’ Marcella, Roid MSK, Rue Five, Emer Tumulity, Al White, Kirsty Whiten, Maya Wild, Susie Wright, Denise Zygadlo.
The This Will Ruin Everything Exhibition and Events Programme is funded and supported by The Lighthouse and supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland.
The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Ln, Glasgow G1 3NU
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT