Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
Queens Park, 520 Langside Road, Glasgow G42 8QR
23 September, 2018
Join Floortje, one of the growers from our Left Field Market Garden, on a guided walk and discussion on the various native trees and their fruits/edible leaves available to forage in Queen’s Park.
Floortje will be offering her guidance and knowledge to give you the tools to continue on your foraging journey, and understanding how your foraging can allow these plants to flourish in our parks year after year.
You will be introduced to a variety of wild species and given tips on harvesting, identification and recipe ideas. We advise that you bring a camera, notepad and pen to track the species you will be learning about, as well as a bag or basket for the produce you decide to pick. This walk will primarily be about knowledge gathering, but there will be opportunities to collect and taste samples based on the quantity available, under Floortje’s guidance.
After the guided walk we will make our way back to Locavore on Victoria Road for refreshments and an informal discussion.
This event is part of our Zero Waste program, tackling understanding and engagement within our community. As such, nobody will be turned away due to lack of funds. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in this instance.
Please note that Floortje will only be introducing you to safe and easy to identify fruits and leaves and we always advise against eating anything that you can’t confidently identify.
The exact meeting place will be announced closer to the time of the event, after booking.
Donations to secure your place will go to the Good Food Fund.
The Good Food Fund is our project to help people in the community who find themselves in the desperate situation of needing emergency food aid. It is an alternative model to traditional food banks which rely on donations of tinned and dry goods from members of the public for distribution to those in need.
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021