West End Wildlife, Hillhead Library, Byres Road, Tuesday 20 June, 2017
(By Hildesvini (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons)
Hillhead Library, 348 Byres Road, G12 8AP
Jim Coyle MBE of Friends of Glasgow’s Local Nature Reserves, illustrates the birds and other wildlife to be found during a typical year in the gardens, parks and open spaces of Glasgow’s west end. He will also explain the importance of habitat creation and management and how simple techniques can attract wildlife to your garden.
Friends of Glasgow West Talks Programme. All talks are fully illustrated. Talks begin at 6.30pm and last 75 minutes. Arrive early to guarantee a seat!
For more info please call 0141 334 6354.
Part of West End Festival
Watch out for highlights at West End Festival 2017
Glasgow Nature Reserves
What is a Local Nature Reserve?
Local Nature Reserves (LNRs) are places that have a natural value in terms of the rarity or special qualities of the wildlife and/or the wildlife habitat that can be found there. For instance one (Commonhead Moss) is a raised bog, a very rare and threatened habitat in Glasgow, whilst others have rare species such as the purple hairstreak butterfly found in woodland habitat at Garscadden Woods and Dawsholm Park LNR’s.
They are also important places in which people can explore, enjoy and learn about nature and its value to Glasgow. Because of this most of them have active involvement from the local community living near them, including schools, students, friends groups and other local interest groups.
All are owned and managed by Glasgow City Council apart from three in the north of the city, which are managed under a lease agreement by Forestry Commission.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, West End Festival 2017, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community