West End Festival: Duke Ellington’s Sacred Concert and other works, St Mary’s Cathedral, Sat 10 June, 2017
St Mary’s Festival Chorus and Big Band present Duke Ellington’s rarely performed Sacred Concert (arr. Hoybye/Pedersen) along with a selection of other notable works for Big Band.
Influenced by emotive events in his last decade, the Sacred Concert has been described as “bringing the Cotton Club to the church”.
Joining us for this evening as the Mezzo-soprano soloist is Lea Shaw (RCS)
Tickets are £10 and available on the door (doors open 7pm)
All proceeds will go to the St Mary’s Organ Restoration Fund.
St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral, 300 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9JB (Adjacent to Kelvinbridge Underground)
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, West End Festival 2017, West End Festival Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch