West End Festival 2016: Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Thursday 23 June
Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club
30 Chamberlain Road, Jordanhill, G13 1QE
Thursday 23 Jun 8:00pm
Tickets £12 in advance from Tickets Scotland, Argyle Street. 0141 204 5151.
A great double bill at Woodend featuring two great up and coming American singer-songwriters.
Lilly Hiatt is the daughter of John Hiatt, and her second album “Royal Blue” is about the majesty of melancholy. A dance between pedal steel and synths, the album examines the vagaries of love and commitment. This is not a well-behaved singer-songwriter album, instead it’s feisty and rough around the edges.
Hannah Aldridge is the daughter of Alabama Hall of Fame alumnus Walt Aldridge, one of the most respected songwriters of the modern era. With sounds ranging from blues in the Mississippi Delta to the dusty Dixieland jazz sounds from New Orleans, the musical styling of Muscle Shoals on up to the primitive roots of American Country Music, Hannah leaves no inspiration or influence untapped.
A great evening in prospect!
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre