West End Festival 2016: Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Thursday 23 June
Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club
30 Chamberlain Road, Jordanhill, G13 1QE
Thursday 23 Jun 8:00pm
Tickets £12 in advance from Tickets Scotland, Argyle Street. 0141 204 5151.
A great double bill at Woodend featuring two great up and coming American singer-songwriters.
Lilly Hiatt is the daughter of John Hiatt, and her second album “Royal Blue” is about the majesty of melancholy. A dance between pedal steel and synths, the album examines the vagaries of love and commitment. This is not a well-behaved singer-songwriter album, instead it’s feisty and rough around the edges.
Hannah Aldridge is the daughter of Alabama Hall of Fame alumnus Walt Aldridge, one of the most respected songwriters of the modern era. With sounds ranging from blues in the Mississippi Delta to the dusty Dixieland jazz sounds from New Orleans, the musical styling of Muscle Shoals on up to the primitive roots of American Country Music, Hannah leaves no inspiration or influence untapped.
A great evening in prospect!
- Linda Jaxson Band, Websters
- Terrence Higgins Trust 10K Fundraiser in Glasgow
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass