West End Festival 2016: Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, Thursday 23 June
Lilly Hiatt and Hannah Aldridge
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club
30 Chamberlain Road, Jordanhill, G13 1QE
Thursday 23 Jun 8:00pm
Tickets £12 in advance from Tickets Scotland, Argyle Street. 0141 204 5151.
A great double bill at Woodend featuring two great up and coming American singer-songwriters.
Lilly Hiatt is the daughter of John Hiatt, and her second album “Royal Blue” is about the majesty of melancholy. A dance between pedal steel and synths, the album examines the vagaries of love and commitment. This is not a well-behaved singer-songwriter album, instead it’s feisty and rough around the edges.
Hannah Aldridge is the daughter of Alabama Hall of Fame alumnus Walt Aldridge, one of the most respected songwriters of the modern era. With sounds ranging from blues in the Mississippi Delta to the dusty Dixieland jazz sounds from New Orleans, the musical styling of Muscle Shoals on up to the primitive roots of American Country Music, Hannah leaves no inspiration or influence untapped.
A great evening in prospect!
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- The Two Popes GFT