Websters’ Panto, A Belter of A Cinderella Story review Pat Byrne, Dec 2015
Yesterday (28 December,2015) I went along with my grandson, Ryan, and his friend Josh, to the panto at Websters’ Theatre in Glasgow’s Wet End. We had a brilliant time.
The audience was made up of every age group from tiny toddlers to grans and grandads. It was quite a feat keeping everyone entertained but the cast of A Belter of a Cinderella Story accomplished this with ease. The jokes were daft, the audience participation not too arduous, the singing really good and the production full of verve from start to finish.
River City’s Gerard Miller
Alison Rona Cleland
They did incredibly well for just five performers, ably assisted by some puppets courtesy of Jo Fullarton (RinkyTinkieTinies)
My two eleven year old companions loved the modern take on the fairytale and were very taken with the the contemporary pop music, the Goth Ugly Sister and Buttons, Cinderella and the Prince Charming’s rapping. Jamie McKillop was hilarious as the Fairy Godmother/Dame and the adults in the audience enjoyed all the local references and West End mockery. The humour was more playground than sleaze not a lot to squirm about – it really was proper family fun.
Further information and booking
It was my first time at Websters and I was really impressed. It’s fairly small so even though we were at the back we still had a good view and felt part of the event.
The theatre has a restaurant and bar attached – handy if you fancy a bite before the show or a drink at the interval.
The panto runs until 3rd January, 2016
Websters’ Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
(adjacent to Kelvinbridge Underground)
0141 357 4000
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Pantos and Christmas Shows in Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson