Weave and Sma’ Shot Day, Paisley, 30th June – 2nd July, 2017
For Scotland’s Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology Paisley’s Sma’ Shot Day will be celebrated with a three-day festival with a wrap-around cultural programme called ‘Weave’. The festival is rooted in Paisley’s radical weaving heritage and celebrating it’s unique and historical Sma’ Shot Day – Weave is a new, vibrant and colourful festival celebrating arts, activism and design.
The entire weekend (30 June – 2 July 2017) will be played out across Paisley’s historic town centre, featuring the traditional colourful pageant led by the ‘Charleston’ drummer. Hundreds of participants and performers will wend their way through the streets in a dazzling depiction of Paisley’s history as a global textiles centre.
Sma Shot Slam hosted by Shaun Moore
Saturday 1 July, 2017 , 7 – 10 p.m.
The third annual Sma’ Shot Day poetry slam and showcase event.
This year, as part of Paisley’s inaugural WEAVE weekend festival.
As in previous years, in a handsome venue, with licenced bar, a class live musician, cool literati guest performers who will judge the great slam poets vying for the cash prize and qualification to the Scottish National Slam Final.
Paisley Town Hall, Abbey Close, PA1 1JF
Over the weekend, this family friendly festival offers live music, poetry, craft and design, kids’ activities, dance, street performance and more to tell the
story of the weavers’ rebellion, the iconic Paisley Pattern and its legacy for modern day makers and artists.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
One response to “Weave and Sma’ Shot Day, Paisley, 30th June – 2nd July, 2017”
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris