Weather Forms, The Lighthouse, 15 April – 26 June, 2016.
Stallan-Brand presents art and architectural works that challenge the popular idea that ‘people make places’ by demonstrating that they, in fact, make us.
Based in Scotland, Stallan-Brand will demonstrate how its very own ‘place on earth’ has influenced the philosophy of the practice. The exhibition will evidence that throughout Scottish history the weather has been both feared and revered for its powerful influence over society.
Weather Forms will include collections of paintings, installations, found objects and collages all of which are in response to, inspired by or have been affected directly by climate, citing national and international examples. All this provides an immersive, tactile visitor experience.
- Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm
12.00pm – 5.00pm
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- Carlton Jug Band at The Clutha
- Report Launch – Tackling Food Poverty
- Sense Scotland Christmas Concert Online
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Hope GFT
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!