Weather Forms, The Lighthouse, 15 April – 26 June, 2016.
Stallan-Brand presents art and architectural works that challenge the popular idea that ‘people make places’ by demonstrating that they, in fact, make us.
Based in Scotland, Stallan-Brand will demonstrate how its very own ‘place on earth’ has influenced the philosophy of the practice. The exhibition will evidence that throughout Scottish history the weather has been both feared and revered for its powerful influence over society.
Weather Forms will include collections of paintings, installations, found objects and collages all of which are in response to, inspired by or have been affected directly by climate, citing national and international examples. All this provides an immersive, tactile visitor experience.
- Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm
12.00pm – 5.00pm
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day