Weather Forms, The Lighthouse, 15 April – 26 June, 2016.
Stallan-Brand presents art and architectural works that challenge the popular idea that ‘people make places’ by demonstrating that they, in fact, make us.
Based in Scotland, Stallan-Brand will demonstrate how its very own ‘place on earth’ has influenced the philosophy of the practice. The exhibition will evidence that throughout Scottish history the weather has been both feared and revered for its powerful influence over society.
Weather Forms will include collections of paintings, installations, found objects and collages all of which are in response to, inspired by or have been affected directly by climate, citing national and international examples. All this provides an immersive, tactile visitor experience.
- Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm
12.00pm – 5.00pm
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass