Weather Forms, The Lighthouse, 15 April – 26 June, 2016.
Stallan-Brand presents art and architectural works that challenge the popular idea that ‘people make places’ by demonstrating that they, in fact, make us.
Based in Scotland, Stallan-Brand will demonstrate how its very own ‘place on earth’ has influenced the philosophy of the practice. The exhibition will evidence that throughout Scottish history the weather has been both feared and revered for its powerful influence over society.
Weather Forms will include collections of paintings, installations, found objects and collages all of which are in response to, inspired by or have been affected directly by climate, citing national and international examples. All this provides an immersive, tactile visitor experience.
- Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm
12.00pm – 5.00pm
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA
- Doghouse Roses & Dumb Instrument CCA
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Women’s Support Project – Abused: The Untold Story, GFT
- Kaleidoscope Realms, Matchbox Cine Club