Watch the Launch of Scottish Baker of the Year 2017, Saltcoats, 23 February, 2017
The Kandy Bar Bakery
“Everyone loves a tasty treat from their local baker” says the new face of the Scottish Baker of the Year competition Michelle McManus “so I am calling on all of us bakery buffs up and down the land to vote for our favourite local baker to help them win the Scottish Baker of the Year crown for 2017.”
To mark the start of the competition, Michelle will take on STV Glasgow’s Live at Five presenters David Farrell and Jennifer Reoch as well as World Of Sport Champion Wrestler Grado and “Foodie Explorers” blogger Emma Myktyn in a ‘Generation Game’ style bake-off.
Current champs The Kandy Bar will host the official launch of the competition with reigning champ Stephen McAllister and couture cake queen Mich Turner MBE, the Scottish Bakers ambassador, setting the tasks.
Our two experts will pass on their well honed skills and Head Judge Robert Ross will be on hand to assess the contestant’s efforts and determine if they look good enough to eat.
“And it will be hotly contested” says David. “Last year, Michelle won but I am convinced it was a fix as my Yum Yum beat hers hands down so I am looking forward to taking her on again!”
“With thousands upon thousands of pies, scones, loaves, savoury items, morning rolls, individual cakes and biscuits sold in Scotland every day, our bakers work hard to keep us all going” says Alan Clarke of Scottish Bakers who organise the competition, now in its 6th year.
“So we are delighted to once again be giving Scottish Bakers the chance to shine and showcase their skills but we need people at home to vote so log on now!” he continued.
The Kandy Bar Bakery, 2 Hamilton St, Saltcoats, KA21 5DS
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Books at the Botanics