Visible Cinema: Films Meditating on the D/deaf experience Glasgow Film Festival 2020
Visible Cinema: How to Deaf
Tuesday 3 March, 2020 at 6 p.m.
A Q&A will follow the screening with writer/director, Jed Shepherd and actors Lewis MacDougall & Emma Webb.
GFF proud to partner with London Short Film Festival to showcase an exquisite collection of short films meditating on the D/deaf experience from an eclectic roster of both D/deaf and hearing storytellers. This year’s programme navigates the ‘in between’ – from the grey areas of unspoken language to the vibrations of club life, to silent brotherly bonds formed and solace found in the cacophony of the city. Guest programmed by LSFF Deaf Programmer, Zoë McWhinney.
This programme is supported by the BFI, awarding funds from The National Lottery.
The programme will be accompanied by a special screening of Multiplex, a new short by Dawn of the Deaf writer & director, Jed Shepherd.
All Tickets £6.50.
GFT 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G2 6RB
This section: Cinema, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Paris Texas at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Joyride at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Pather Panchali at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Fire of Love at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Top Gun(4 k) plus Top Gun: Maverick at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cafe Flicker at GMAC
- Casino plus recorded introduction
- MIND-SET Indie Film in Scotland