Visible Cinema: Films Meditating on the D/deaf experience Glasgow Film Festival 2020
Visible Cinema: How to Deaf
Tuesday 3 March, 2020 at 6 p.m.
A Q&A will follow the screening with writer/director, Jed Shepherd and actors Lewis MacDougall & Emma Webb.
GFF proud to partner with London Short Film Festival to showcase an exquisite collection of short films meditating on the D/deaf experience from an eclectic roster of both D/deaf and hearing storytellers. This year’s programme navigates the ‘in between’ – from the grey areas of unspoken language to the vibrations of club life, to silent brotherly bonds formed and solace found in the cacophony of the city. Guest programmed by LSFF Deaf Programmer, Zoë McWhinney.
This programme is supported by the BFI, awarding funds from The National Lottery.
The programme will be accompanied by a special screening of Multiplex, a new short by Dawn of the Deaf writer & director, Jed Shepherd.
All Tickets £6.50.
GFT 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G2 6RB
This section: Cinema, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online