Visible Cinema: Films Meditating on the D/deaf experience Glasgow Film Festival 2020
Visible Cinema: How to Deaf
Tuesday 3 March, 2020 at 6 p.m.
A Q&A will follow the screening with writer/director, Jed Shepherd and actors Lewis MacDougall & Emma Webb.
GFF proud to partner with London Short Film Festival to showcase an exquisite collection of short films meditating on the D/deaf experience from an eclectic roster of both D/deaf and hearing storytellers. This year’s programme navigates the ‘in between’ – from the grey areas of unspoken language to the vibrations of club life, to silent brotherly bonds formed and solace found in the cacophony of the city. Guest programmed by LSFF Deaf Programmer, Zoë McWhinney.
This programme is supported by the BFI, awarding funds from The National Lottery.
The programme will be accompanied by a special screening of Multiplex, a new short by Dawn of the Deaf writer & director, Jed Shepherd.
All Tickets £6.50.
GFT 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G2 6RB
This section: Cinema, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Nae Pasaran – Outdoor Screening East Kilbride
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Zola at GFT
- Film Festival at Govanhill International Festival
- Fallen Angels, GFT
- Summer of Soul, GFT
- The Letter, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Now, Voyager at GFT
- Josep at GFT
- The Reason I Jump, Access Film Club at GFT
- Another Round, GFT