Vintage Tea Party, Dalmuir Community Centre, Wed 4 March, 2015
Vintage Tea Party and film screening (vintage fancy dress optional)
Wednesday 4th March, 1pm-4pm
Dalmuir Community Centre, Clydebank
The Women Making History group invite you to afternoon tea – 1950’s and 60’s style!
We want to hear your stories and memories of women’s lives in West Dunbartonshire, focusing specifically on their ‘social life experiences’ during the 1950’s & 60’s. Come along for tea and cake, bring your favourite vintage object or photograph from the 1950’s& /or 60’s and tell us your stories about women’s social lives in West Dunbartonshire.
There’ll be vintage costumes, a fabulous 50s movie and the chance to view some objects from the Glasgow Women’s Library archive.
Vintage fancy dress from the 1950’s or 60’s very much welcome but not essential.
Dalmuir Community Centre is on Duntocher Road – just to the south of Dalmuir Railway Station.
For more information or to book a place telephone Morag at Glasgow Women’s Library or e-mail email@example.com
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Night at the Museum, Burns On Water, University of Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids