Upcycling – free demonstration, Oxfam Byres Road, 13 and 16 July, 2017
Oxfam bookshop demo ! Up-cycle local … make the world a better place and your home more beautiful !
Free Up Cycle Demonstration
The Oxfam Bookshop, 330 Byres Road, Glasgow G12 8AP
13 and 16th July between 2pm and 4pm
No need to register. Just come along
Learn how to use recycled materials to upcycle furniture and home accessories with local artist Elisabeth Culshaw of Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired ” The Lansdowne House of Stencils”
Using the vintage maps and sheet music which you can find in the bookshop Elisabeth will be on hand to share her techniques with you on Thursday 13th July and Sunday 16th July from 2-4pm.
Elisabeth Culshaw: The West End of Glasgow is a great place to wander around and browse in shops like Oxfam bookshop. Buy a book and give to charity at the same time. Apart from books, the shop is also a treasure trove of old maps, music sheet, foreign publications and postcards… a perfect ‘source of “stuff” for up-cycling on furniture and small pieces like boxes’.
The Lansdowne House of Stencils wants to encourage you to try out some upcycling so – ‘fill up your basket with some of Oxfam’s maps and music sheets and learn how you can up-cycle.
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA