Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
17 March, 2020
Tron Theatre, 63 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HB
A showcase for unseen scripts from exciting new writers. At Table Read, we invite the audience to sit in on a round table reading of a new play we believe will one day be a classic.
Table Read 06
THOSE WHO LOVE US
Written by Sam Rowe
After the fall of the Berlin Wall, Eva discovers that husband was a Stasi informant and flees Germany with their daughter, Katrin. Twenty years later, Katrin is assessing the personal impact of these traumatic events, and gradually discovers the horrific impact of her family’s involvement with the East German Secret Police.
THOSE WHO LOVE US is a tense psychological thriller and a powerful reflection on the cost of authoritarianism, both on a personal and political scale.
Directed by Paul Brotherston
Cast includes Irene Allan, Robin Laing, Alan McHugh, Eilidh McLaughlin and Jatinder Singh Randhawa
Sam Rowe is theatre-maker and storyteller. His one-man-show, Denton and Me, was presented as part of the Made In Scotland show case at the 2016 Edinburgh Fringe. His earlier verbatim drama, based on interviews with gay men seeking asylum, was presented at The Tron Theatre in 2011. Those Who Love Us is his first original full-length drama, developed from an Arches scratch night in 2006, and through a Creative Scotland funded first draft in 2015.
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Scenes for Survival – Danni the Champion NTS
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- The Three Gospels of Jimmy Reid by Kevin P. Gilday
- Are We Being Deported Now?
- Eight Songs For A Mad King at Cottiers