The Winter’s Tale, 27 and 29 March, 2017 Cottiers Theatre
The Winter’s Tale
27 Mar 2017 and 29 Mach, 2017 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Tickets £10 Adults/£8 Concession (ticket price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
“They’re here with me already; whispering, rounding, ‘Sicilia is a so-forth.’ “
All is not well in the court of Sicilia. When Leontes, a once respected and loved leader, gives in to his jealous thoughts, it leads to the downfall of not only himself, but to an entire country.
Suspecting that his pregnant wife has been having an affair with his best friend, Leontes turns from ruler into tyrant, listening to no one other than the whispering doubts in his head. His complete disregard for the court and his total abuse of power leads to a string of tragic events that only time can heal.
The Glasgow University Shakespeare Society take one of Shakespeare’s most captivating problem plays and restage it in a modern political setting, showing what may happen when a dangerous and powerful leader is given full autonomy.
This is a seated event. Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be one interval.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. For Box Office Collection, please wait until the day of performance. Phone messages and emails are checked daily.
27 Mar 2017 – 19:30
29 Mar 2017 – 19:30
- Scottish Writers Showcase 3 – Creative Conversations
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers