The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
Available to watch from 24 July, 2020
The cinema will receive a portion of income from any virtual GFT tickets sold, so you can watch a great film and support GFT at the same time.
About the film
The Traitor tells the true story of Tommaso Buscetta, the man who brought down the Cosa Nostra. In the early 1980s, an all out war rages between Sicilian mafia bosses over the heroin trade. Tommaso Buscetta, a ‘made man’, flees to hide out in Brazil. Back home, scores are being settled and Buscetta watches from afar as his sons and brother are killed in Palermo, knowing he may be next. Arrested and extradited to Italy by the Brazilian police, Buscetta makes a decision that will change everything for the Mafia: he decides to meet with Judge Giovanni Falcone and betray the eternal vow he made to the Cosa Nostra.
GFT Programme Manager, Paul Gallagher, says: ‘This epic gangster movie justifies its length as a deep and hugely compelling exploration of its true-life subject. Combining show-stopping set-pieces and introspective drama, it centres on a brilliant performance from Pierfrancesco Favino as Tommaso Buscetta, the ‘Cosa Nostra’ boss who chose to inform on the Mafia.’
Director: Marco Bellocchio
How to watch
Book your GFT virtual screening ticket and receive a link to watch the film. By doing so, you will be directly supporting GFT as we will receive a portion of income from any virtual GFT tickets sold. Your payment will be processed by distributor partner, Modern Films.
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Glasgow West End Restaurants – Eat Out to Help Out
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Glasgow Walk: Maryhill, The Venice of the North by Ian R. Mitchell
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- Mary Irvine: What Did You Do In Lockdown 2020?
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Dumbarton to Balloch along the River Leven
- Alice – Watch Online GFT