The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
The 4th annual Sma’ Shot Slam
Saturday 7 July, 2018, 7 – 10p.m.
Paisley Town Hall, Abbey Close, Paisley PA1 1JF
Hosted by Shaun Moore.
The poetry night with a difference, held on the evening of Paisley’s historic workers’ day, part of the wider Weave Festival.
Hear and see some of Scotland’s best performance poets battle with local talent in the slam, to take the £50 prize money and a place in the Scottish Slam Finals next year.
In between competition rounds there’s entertainment from equally gifted and accomplished guest judges and a musical interludes.
In the setting of the Alexander Wilson suite of Paisley Town Hall, aptly named after the town’s rebellious weaver poet, with a licenced bar and free admission.
Come along, be amazed, inspired and especially entertained.
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT