The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
The 4th annual Sma’ Shot Slam
Saturday 7 July, 2018, 7 – 10p.m.
Paisley Town Hall, Abbey Close, Paisley PA1 1JF
Hosted by Shaun Moore.
The poetry night with a difference, held on the evening of Paisley’s historic workers’ day, part of the wider Weave Festival.
Hear and see some of Scotland’s best performance poets battle with local talent in the slam, to take the £50 prize money and a place in the Scottish Slam Finals next year.
In between competition rounds there’s entertainment from equally gifted and accomplished guest judges and a musical interludes.
In the setting of the Alexander Wilson suite of Paisley Town Hall, aptly named after the town’s rebellious weaver poet, with a licenced bar and free admission.
Come along, be amazed, inspired and especially entertained.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables