The Love of Print – Kelvingrove Art Gallery
18 November , 2022 – 12 March, 2023
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle Street, G3 8AG
Saturday 4 March, 11 a.m. Artist Demonstration with Linda Kosciewicz
Linda will demonstrate printing a photogravure polymer plate. There will be an opportunity to find out more about her new print ‘Minotaur’ made especially for the show.
The Love of Print is a celebration of 50 years of printmaking at Glasgow Print Studio. Since 1972, thousands of artists have made prints at GPS, from Turner Prize winners and nominees to recent graduates and complete beginners.
The exhibition will include significant works created by well-known artists spanning five decades to the present day. Artists include Ciara Phillips, Martin Boyce, Alasdair Gray, John Byrne, Ken Currie, Adrian Wiszniewski, Claire Barclay, Barbara Rae, Alison Watt…the list goes on and on!
It’s really a who’s who of Scottish art over the past 50 years, with around 225 works from more than 130 artists.
The exhibition will also include a ‘Here and Now’ section of 50 newly commissioned works by a selection of artists currently working in and using the printmaking facilities at GPS.
Tickets available on the door from 18 November:
Under 16s: Free
(Image: ‘We Love You’ 2022 © Jim Lambie, digital pigment print, courtesy of the Artist and The Modern Institute/Toby Webster Ltd., Glasgow.)
- Langholm. December 2023
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Winter at Secession Bar, Websters
- Kelvingrove Christmas Market 2023
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Christmas 2023 – University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Wasps Winter Market 2023
- Christmas Craft Fayre – Golden Friendships
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Night Market at Cottiers
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Focus Hong Kong
- French Film Festival 2023 at GFT
- Santa Dash 2023
- Family Cycle Ride Glasgow Green
- Global Climate Change in September and October 2023
- Glasgow Film Festival – Year of Celebration