The Lansdowne Mother India Tapas review by Pat Byrne
The Lansdowne, 7A Lansdowne Crescent, Glasgow G20 6NQ
Back in The Lansdowne and What a Joy
We spent some time selecting from the extensive menu, which includes lots of new dishes alongside some Mother India favourites – I can never say no to their lamb so my first choice was South Indian Ginger Lamb with coconut and tamarind. We decided to choose two dishes each for sharing – my second choice was Pan Fried Scallops served with cauliflower, my first time trying this dish.
Eileen opted for: Monkfish Kebab with rice and orange labneh (the yoghurt sauce was delicious) and this dish looked particularly delectable. She also chose the Aloo Saag Dosa, potato and spinach stuffed in a rice and lentil pancake.
I couldn’t resist my favourite Peshwari Nan and we also tried the lemon and cashew nut rice, another first.
When the food arrived it was like a wonderful feast – the portions are very generous so even if you have a big appetite, four dishes between two are more than enough. We absolutely loved our meal – a delectable mixture of smooth, subtle, spicy and satisfying.
Tapas style dining is very convivial and we had a long chat over an absolutely delicious meal. I can’t recommend The Lansdowne enough and Eileen says that she’ll venture back very soon with her partner, all the way from the South Side of Glasgow.
This was my second time at The Lansdowne – it’s only been opened for two months but already building up a loyal clientele and the restaurant was filling up nicely by the time we left. It doesn’t take Glasgow folk long to spot something good.
The surrounds are lovely and David and all the staff make you very welcome. They are exceptionally pleasant but unobtrusive. Eileen was delighted to meet a young musician friend, Rusty Stewart, a part-time member of staff.
To book a table call us 0141 334 4653
Pat Byrne, June, 2019.
- The Glasgow Guild – Christmas 2019
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu 2019
- Mother India Christmas Lunch Set Menu 2019
- Hogmanay at Cottiers 2019
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Cracker at Royal Concert Hall 2019
- Celebrate Hogmanay at OranMor 2019
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Christmas Glasgow: Rockin Robin Festive Hooley at Cottiers
- Festive Hampers and Gifts at Eusebi
- Mother India Set Menu
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Christmas Party Nights at OranMor 2019
- Mother India Christmas Set Menu 2019
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Chippy Doon The Lane Christmas 2019
- Christmas Menu 2019 Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow
- Christmas Arrives at The Ivy Buchanan Street Glasgow