The Doghouse Roses and Joseph Parsons Duo The Hug and Pint 8 April, 2016
Friday, April 8, 2016
The Hug and Pint
A special double bill featuring Scotland’s Doghouse Roses and from the U.S.A, the Joseph Parsons duo featuring Freddie Lubitz on guitar.
Doghouse Roses celebrate the release of their third album ‘Lost is not Losing’, their first in 5 years. This album see’s the duo’s trademark fingerpicked guitars and vocal harmonies augmented by new band member, guitarist, John Alexander to create a ‘boundary ignoring landscape (americana UK). There is a restless energy in the Doghouse Roses live performance, as the band takes its folk music through the streets of the blues and highways of the old west, looking ahead for that next turn in the road.
Joseph Parsons is a prolific songwriter, who weaves traces of Emo Rock, Soul and Folk to create his own distinct style of Rock music. Parsons’ early music education was formed busking on the streets of Europe and later honed on the club and festival circuit in his native USA. In the late 90s, he landed a deal with German label, Blue Rose Records which kick started a robust recording and performing career and led to his subsequent relocation to Northern Germany in 2007. His duo shows are dynamic, spirited and deeply personal experiences through a time line of Joseph’s songs and bands (JP Band, 4 Way Street, Hardpan, US Rails & Parsons Thibaud.) New songs from the 2016 CD will be unveiled!
The Hug and Pint, 171 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9AW
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival
- The Public, GFT
- Little Joe, GFT
- Greed GFT
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)