The Dark Knight Trilogy at Glasgow Film Theatre
Join us for a triple-bill of Christopher Nolan’s critically acclaimed Batman films, screening back-to-back as part of our CineMasters season. The trilogy starts at 1.30pm and ends at 10.30pm.
Individual tickets will also be available on the day of the screenings.
Batman Begins (12A)
Saturday 9 July, 13.30
Christopher Nolan and screenwriter David S Goyer (the Blade trilogy) joined forces to bring their vision to the saga in this opening chapter.
As a young boy, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of him – a trauma that leads him to become obsessed with revenge. But the opportunity to avenge his parents’ deaths is cruelly taken away from him by fate. Fleeing to the East, he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honourable ninja cult leader known as Ra’s Al-Ghul (Liam Neeson), but when Bruce returns to the now decaying Gotham City he finds it’s overrun by organised crime. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, along with a prototype armoured suit, leads him to assume a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong: he becomes Batman.
Nolan’s reboot of the franchise was a critical and commercial success, and this first slice of his trilogy also stars Morgan Freeman, Katie Holmes, Rutger Hauer and Ken Watanabe.
The Dark Knight (12A)
Saturday 9 July, 16.45
With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and new district attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to destroy organised crime in Gotham City forever. The three enjoy early success, but they soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker (Heath Ledger), who throws Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman ever closer to crossing the line between hero and vigilante.
Ledger won a posthumous Oscar for his portrayal of the iconic character in this second film of Nolan’s Batman trilogy.
The Dark Knight Rises (12A)
Saturday 9 July, 19.45
Inception‘s Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt join the cast regulars along with Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman) and Tom Hardy as the powerful villain Bane.
Christian Bale prowls the night as the Caped Crusader, fighting crime and corruption with the help of Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Paris Texas at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Joyride at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Pather Panchali at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Fire of Love at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Top Gun(4 k) plus Top Gun: Maverick at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cafe Flicker at GMAC
- Casino plus recorded introduction
- MIND-SET Indie Film in Scotland